Tuesday, November 10, 2009

Are you Open to Change?

Hello Optimists,

Lately I've been reflecting back on all of the changes that have occurred in my life in the past few years. Moving away from home, choosing (and re-choosing) a path toward a career, fending for myself....and I must say that I am pretty happy with where I am and what decisions got me here. Sure there are times when I'd like to go back 5 years and start all over again, but overall, I took each change presented to me and ran with it.

This all got me thinking: I wonder if we are all open to changes in life? I'm pretty sure the answer is no. I bet we can all think of someone who is so rooted in their state in life that any new opportunities or alternate plans are immediately shot down because of the fear of change. I understand though, change can be a scary thing... and let's face it, no one likes to be scared. That's why I don't particularly like Halloween, but that's neither here nor there. Anyway, we should not fear taking a risk, making a change or turning a new leaf. Rather, we should embrace the new opportunity and look forward to what great new things life can bring us.

When I came across today's quote, it was exactly what I was looking for.

"Change is the essence of life. Be willing to surrender what you are for what you could become."


We don't know what the future holds, but if we never make a change or take a chance to see what is out there, we'll never get to experience what is in store for us. We have the ability to become whatever we want to be and to do whatever we want to do, but we need to be open to the changes that bring these opportunities about. So where do you stand on this? Feel free to join the discussion....

Keep Smiling,
Optimal Optimist

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please Share Your Thoughts! I Appreciate Your Comments and Can't Wait to Hear from You!