Wednesday, November 4, 2009

Finding Our Purpose

Hello Optimists,

I don't know about you, but I always find myself questioning what it is that I'm doing here....Ahh the eternal question: What is my purpose in life? I guess the answer to this is different for everybody, but no matter how we define our purpose, the behaviors, actions and sometimes the beliefs we hold true have an affect on many people..probably more than we can even imagine.

When I came across today's quote, it seemed to sum up exactly what I had been trying to figure out.

"If it matters what you do, do something that matters."

If whatever you're doing is important to you, make it just as important for others. It means a lot when we can make a difference, whether it be very large or very small. If we got through our days just doing things by routine, how much of a positive impact can we make? But if we go through our days with a conscious acknowledgement of our actions, think about how much more positively we can influence a situation. We may always be searching for our purpose, but while we're figuring it out, we should always strive to do something that matters. So try it out today- don't go though the day with blinders on, but open up to make sure what you're doing is worthwhile to you...and someone else.

Keep Smiling,
Optimal Optimist

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please Share Your Thoughts! I Appreciate Your Comments and Can't Wait to Hear from You!