Tuesday, November 17, 2009

Keep Dreamin'

Hello Optimists,

I think there's one thing everybody loves: free stuff. Am I right or am I right? Whether there's someone handing out t-shirts, free bottles of water, or even keychains, we'll take one or two...or five. We just can't help ourselves, free stuff lures us in like kid to a candy store. It's that moment of excitement we feel from getting something for nothing..."YES! Free keychains?!? This is great...I'll take one for my sister and my roommates and my uncle and...." Really? Were you out shopping for a keychain that day? Is that on your Christmas list? Probably not, but we love it nonetheless.

So this got me thinking about free stuff and I started to consider all of the free things we get in day. Some are even more exciting than free keychains, believe it or not, and some...well, not so much. But, we should always think about what freebies we get everyday and feel the same excitement as when we get those random little gifts on the side. The things we get everyday are far better than t-shirts or bottles of water and can really change our lives. It's a matter of making the most of the free things we receive. Today's quote couldn't be more applicable:

"Dreams are free, so free your dreams." - Astrid Alauda


Ahh, dreams. In my opinion, dreams are probably the best free things we can get in day. They're readily available (so no one will give you dirty looks if you go back for seconds), never expire, can lead to really great ideas, and most importantly, are 100% free. Sounds like a good deal to me. But a dream is just a dream if we don't do anything with them.  Remember MLK's "I Have a Dream" speech? Perfect example: Put your dreams to work. We've got to be willing to let them fly, to develop into a vision and a reality, and to become more than just a thought. Isn't there something you've always wanted to do, something you've always dreamed of? ....Yeah, I thought so. It's never too late to free your free dreams, so what are you waiting for?

Keep Smiling,
Optimal Optimist

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please Share Your Thoughts! I Appreciate Your Comments and Can't Wait to Hear from You!