Monday, November 16, 2009

Watch Your Attitude

Hello Optimists,

I hope you had a wonderful weekend. I did; I got a lot of work done but still had some time to relax. Though as I prepared for today, oh dreaded Monday, I couldn't help but try to hold on to the weekend as long as possible. Yesterday morning I lay in bed trying to sleep even though my eyes were wide open, I made pancakes for breakfast in order to distract myself from starting work, and didn't get out of my pajamas until almost noon. All of this just to avoid the fact that my beloved weekend was coming to a close.

But then I realized I needed to change my thinking. Where was this procrastination getting me? It certainly wasn't going to keep me locked in Sunday for a few more hours and it wouldn't eliminate the fact that I actually had to do things tomorrow, so I decided I better change my attitude. I acknowledged the fact that if I started my week off with a negative outlook and a bad attitude, this would carry through for the rest of the week. Today's quote seemed to fit perfectly with the realization I had just come to, so I thought it might help us all out with coping with the Monday blues.

"Our attitude toward life determines life's attitude toward us" -Earl Nightingale


This is exactly what I needed to hear...or actually, read. But nonetheless, I felt so much better after finding this quote because it really is true. If we go out into the world with a negative attitude, that's all we can expect back in exchange. Haven't you ever noticed that the more positively you look at the things in your life, the better things turn out? If a pessimistic view fogs up our windows, no one else is going to come clean them for us. People just aren't going to be nice in return to a bad attitude and things just won't work out so smoothly if we continue thinking so cynically. But, try opening your eyes to the good things in life and take notice of what you get back. It is definitely more of a challenge to carry a good attitude toward things, but you'll see that the good things in life will return the favor.

Keep Smiling,
Optimal Optimist

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please Share Your Thoughts! I Appreciate Your Comments and Can't Wait to Hear from You!