Thursday, December 31, 2009

Be a Laughing Cow



Hello Optimists,

I've been having quite a few lazy days lately...but hey, I'm on vacation! Isn't that what I'm supposed to be doing? Wake up, eat some breakfast, watch some Regis and Kelly, read a bit, watch Ellen, read a few more chapters, shower? (hmm..maybe), eat lunch, go on Facebook.....ugh, being lazy is exhausting! Now, I will admit that my days are a bit more productive than I've made them out to be, but overall, I pretty much do a whole bunch of nothing. So am I just wasting away my days?

Well I've decided that the answer to that question is no because this is the one time where I am not "scheduled" to do anything in particular..I don't necessarily have to be somewhere at some time to meet with someone...it's just me. And I get to answer to myself. It's great actually. But I can't help but have that constant buzz in the back of my head, searching for something that I feel I should be doing. That constant reminder of "you haven't moved from the couch in three hours, there are things that need to be done!" I feel like I should just get in my car and drive around for a bit until I have subconsciously convinced myself that I have actually done something.

I found today's quote and it put my mind at ease because I realized that though I may not be doing much of anything, my days were not being completely wasted...

The most wasted of all days is one without laughter. 


Well then, my days are far from wasteful. I think this is a great quote and something we should all keep in mind. It's important that while we concentrate and work hard on the important things in our life, we need to take a minute at some point each day.. and just laugh. It makes you (and others!) feel better and just totally lightens the mood. I guess that old saying of "Laughter is the best medicine" is actually true. Even Laughing Cow cheese (which is quite delicious might I say) is spreading the word with their "Have you laughed today?" slogan...ok, though they may be advertising for their product, they are on to something else there. If you go through each day in a serious and somber mood, too preoccupied to enjoy the day and the things you have in life, too nervous and under too much pressure to laugh, then I think it's time to sit down and reevaluate your life, and schedule an immediate happy hour with your friends. So while we all feel that there just aren't enough hours in the day, make sure you make it a point to squeeze in a few minutes for a good laugh.

Keep Smiling,
Optimal Optimist

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please Share Your Thoughts! I Appreciate Your Comments and Can't Wait to Hear from You!