Wednesday, December 2, 2009

Fasten Your Thinking Cap

Hello Optimists,

William Arthur Ward may not be a name you are very familiar with. However, this man is one of America's most quoted and inspirational writers of all time. He headed a column called Pertinent Proverbs that was widely successful and has published over 100 articles and poems in magazines and journals. In doing some research, I have gathered quite a bit of his quotes, so you'll probably be reading more about this guy in the future.

I thought today I would share one of my favorites with you. I know when I read it it gave me a little jump start to my day, so I am hoping it does the same for you.


"If you can imagine it, you can achieve it; if you can dream it, you can become it."


It's like a version of that saying "You can be whatever you want to be", which at one point, I found very irritating. I mean, sometimes you just can't be whatever you want to be, right? That is just wishful thinking. Well, I've changed my thinking since then, and now I know that this is really possible. You can be whatever you want. Nothing is impossible...if there is something you want to be or something you want to do, that goal absolutely attainable. You just need to do it. It may take some work, but the great thing about life is that nothing is out of reach. There's really only one thing that can be holding you back...and that's yourself.

Today's quote is a way of thinking that takes a while to believe in. But it's up to you to make the switch and it starts with positive thinking. Whatever it is that comes into your mind, you can do exactly that in your real life! So, as my kindergarten teacher used to say, "get your thinking caps on" and start doing the things you only thought possible in your dreams.

Keep Smiling,
Optimal Optimists

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please Share Your Thoughts! I Appreciate Your Comments and Can't Wait to Hear from You!