Tuesday, December 8, 2009

Get a Good Start

Hello Optimists,

I was watching TV today and saw some previews for a bunch of reality shows that seem like they're going to be completely ridiculous. What a surprise. Most of the people on these shows are just famous for being famous. Wait, what? I know, it doesn't make much sense. Now, I will admit that I am a fan of some of these shows (don't judge me) but most of them are just a little too much for me. Anyway, this got me thinking about what it takes to be "famous". Can it be possible for anyone to become a household name, or do you already need a household name to get people's attention?

I think that it certainly helps if you already have a well-known name to get your foot in the door. But it certainly isn't impossible for the rest of us out there to do the same. We just need a good start. A real good start. Making something from nothing is highly revered, and let's face it, it also makes a much better E! True Hollywood Story. But I digress....

I'm not just talking about being famous in Hollywood though, I'm talking just making a name for yourself for something great. Are you well known on your street for making the best apple pies? Famous! Are you the author of the new book on the New York Times best seller list? Famous! Are you the friend that everyone knows they can count on? Famous! See, it's easier than you thought. You don't have to be famous before you start making the best apple pies on the street, but you will be after everyone tastes how delicious they are. And what did it take to make that one perfect pie? Probably about ten other trials of the recipe and a bit of determination...but there's your start. When I read today's quote, it finally sunk in that it is possible for anyone to be a great person, to be "famous", but it won't come easy.

You don't have to be great to get started, but you have to get started to be great. -Les Brown


So we all have it in us to be someone or something great, we just need to commit to doing something and get a good start. It's all about taking that first step forward in the new direction we want to head and making it happen. It's ok if your last name isn't Clooney....you've still got the chance to do whatever you want and be great- you just need to get yourself a start.

Keep Smiling,
Optimal Optimist

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please Share Your Thoughts! I Appreciate Your Comments and Can't Wait to Hear from You!