Monday, December 21, 2009

Give It A Little "Umph"



Hello Optimists,

I am sure you have all heard the old saying, "If at first you don't succeed, try, try again". I know I have heard that probably a thousand times...and I like to believe that I live by that statement. At least I try toanyway. But how many tries are we willing to give before we finally succeed? There must be some point in which our tries are no longer helpful, a point where we just need to face the facts and move on, right? We've all been there.

But I find that when I finally do move on, all I can think about is what I could have done the first, second, or third time around to make it right. Was there something that could have been easily fixed that would have allowed me reach my goal? Was there someone that was holding me back? Was it just...me? I know it's probably not a very good way of dealing with "failure", but I just can't help but think about the possibility of one little, minute detail that could have changed my whole course of action. I know for sure I was trying, but was I trying hard enough? When I found today's quote, it reminded me that success is always at our fingertips, and though we may be thinking we are giving it our best shot, sometimes it just takes a little bit more to make it to where we'd like to be...

The difference between try and triumph is a little umph. 


After I read it over a few times, I realized that this is absolutely true. Everyone is able to give things a try, and if it doesn't work out as planned, most are perfectly ok with that and move on. If you're one of these people, don't feel so bad...it's probably about 99% of us. That other 1%, however, aren't happy with just giving it a whirl, and give that extra little something...and what they get is success. There is only a small difference between an attempt at victory and actual victory...it just takes a little umph. So are you willing to throw in that little extra kick, to push just a little bit harder to reach your goals? I think you are...I think we all are. Let's be part of that 1%.

Keep Smiling,
Optimal Optimist

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please Share Your Thoughts! I Appreciate Your Comments and Can't Wait to Hear from You!