Wednesday, December 30, 2009

Have We Met?



Hello Optimists,

It's amazing to think about how many people we have come in contact with throughout the years, and out of all of those people, the select few who have remained an integral part of our lives. You know, our friends, family, neighbors...and though we only see some of these acquaintances every so often, there are a few that play a very special role in our lives. Now I bet you all have at least one person, if not more, that immediately come to mind. You know, the people you know that you can always count on, those that will always be there by your side no matter what the circumstance, those that you would do anything for - these are the people we love. It doesn't necessarily have to be an "I love you", kiss kiss kind of relationship..it can even be tough love. But as long as these people have a place in your heart, there's always a unique, loving bond.

I am lucky enough to have many people in my life that have a special place in my heart and I know that no matter what happens, whether we are separated for a long length of time or our lives take us in completely different directions, I will never ever forget them. I honestly think it would be impossible, even if I tried my hardest. I came across today's quote and it seemed to make a great analogy about this...

Trying to forget someone you love is like trying to remember someone you've never met.

This is so true. A person you love will always have a really special place in your life, and no matter how hard you may try to move on or erase the memories of the bond that was created, it just won't happen. Someone you love will never need a ridiculous "Hello My Name Is..." badge to wear because in your heart, you'll always know them. So think about all of the people that make it onto your "love list" and start working on building up the memories that you know will never be forgotten.

Keep Smiling,
Optimal Optimist

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please Share Your Thoughts! I Appreciate Your Comments and Can't Wait to Hear from You!