Friday, December 11, 2009

Lady Luck

Hello Optimists,

Don't you just love it when Lady Luck is on your side? I know I do, and lately, she's been around quite often. I have been really busy with a lot of different things and each of them has turned out better than I could have even imagined. So, since it seems that I have been, as some people would call it, lucky, I think I should go out and buy a lottery ticket or two...or three. Why not?

But is it really just pure luck that things have been really going well for me? Maybe it's some kind of higher power that decided to humor me for a bit, or maybe Santa accidentally sat on one of my toys and is trying to make it up to me. Whatever it is, I like it. I think I can really rock this "luck" thing.

But, wait a minute...maybe it's not just by chance that things are going well. Maybe I had something to do with it. I have been really dedicated to everything that's been going on, and I've worked my butt off trying to make things the best they could possibly be. Maybe I am Lady Luck.

This realization came to me when I read today's quote...

I find that the harder I work, the more luck I seem to have. -Thomas Jefferson


So maybe we should attribute our luck to no other person than ourselves. If you think about it, most things happen because we worked hard enough to make them a reality. And if it seems like a great thing popped up out of nowhere, somewhere along the line, you did something to make it happen. It's just disguised as a surprise because...well, it's just more fun that way. Maybe we're all holding a winning lottery ticket, but just don't work hard enough to get ourselves to the gas station to cash it in. Maybe in order to have better luck, we need to dig deeper into our hearts to see what lies inside.

So give it a try today and see if you can really produce your own luck. I'm just going to give it a guess here, but I think you'll find that this is quite possible. Let me know how it works out...

Keep Smiling,
Optimal Optimist

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please Share Your Thoughts! I Appreciate Your Comments and Can't Wait to Hear from You!