Tuesday, December 1, 2009

Let's Do The Time Warp Again

Hello Optimists,

This morning I turned the last page in my calendar to December and I couldn't help but wonder where the last four months have gone. The last thing I remember, the summer season was just ending...and now I'm counting down to Christmas?! Well, I guess I have been a little busy, but still, that doesn't mean I should feel like I was thrown into a time warp.

Anyway, this got me thinking about how much we get wrapped up into things. I often find myself running from one event to another without even taking a moment to stop and breathe. Then before I know it, I'm diving into bed, ready to start the rat race again in the morning. I like keeping busy, but sometimes it's a little too much and I get lost in a whirlwind that gives me no chance to really take in the  present....does this ever happen to you? Well, I hope I'm not the only one. I found today's quote and it reminded me that we spend so much time thinking about what we need to do ten minutes from now and even ten minutes from then that we don't realize what we're even doing.

Remember, today is the tomorrow you worried about yesterday. 


So while we're so wrapped up in our thoughts and to-do lists, we neglect to consider the present time. We work so hard to plan for the future- and then when the future comes, we are too busy with our next set of plans to even enjoy what we have prepared for today. So today, while you run around thinking about all the things you have to plan for the next few days, take a minute to relax and think about what you have accomplished for today.

Keep Smiling,
Optimal Optimist

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please Share Your Thoughts! I Appreciate Your Comments and Can't Wait to Hear from You!