Thursday, December 24, 2009

The Mother of All Mothers

Hello Optimists,

I think there is one common thing among us: we all think about what other people are thinking about us. Whether or not we like to admit that is another story....even if you think you don't care, you do. Personally, I like to put on that front...that "I do what I want and I don't care who doesn't like it" attitude, but in reality, what people think always has an effect on me. I think it's just natural, just part of being a human being. Now while we can't go through our day doing things based solely on what we think other people are thinking about us, I believe sometimes it's good to have that in the back of your mind; it pushes us to do and be our best, because ya never know who's watching.

One thing I always think about is if I have had a positive impact on anyone. Whether it be someone I just met, a friend that I haven't seen in quite a while, or someone I see each and every day, I can't help but think about what they're thinking about after we've parted ways. Did they enjoy my company? Did I brighten their day or make them feel better about something? I always hope the answer to those questions is "Yes!!!"...but one can never know for sure. I think about these things because I once came across a great quote from an even greater person that really made an impact on me. It's from- as I like to call her- the "Mother of all Mothers", Mother Theresa. Religious or not, you know who she is and you know what a positive impact she has made on the world- so I hope you can appreciate this no matter what your beliefs....

Let no one come to you without leaving better and happier. -Mother Theresa


What a wonderful quote. And I think today, we need more people to be thinking like this. If we all would strive to make a positive difference in the lives of everyone we came in contact with, the world would truly be a better place. This means being a more pleasant person, trying to make a difference in other people's lives, making people smile, doing something unexpected for someone else.... That's what life's all about. Since it's the holiday season, it is a perfect time to remember this and to make promise to yourself to try to live out the words of The Mother- to let no one come to you without leaving better and happier. 


Keep Smiling,
Optimal Optimist

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please Share Your Thoughts! I Appreciate Your Comments and Can't Wait to Hear from You!