Thursday, December 3, 2009

Trust Me, I'm (Not) A Doctor

Hello Optimists,

I know very few people who don't like it. I know very many people who love it. People go to it if they're stressed, if they're sad, if they're happy, or sometimes, if they just need a boost. It's said to be good for the heart, and according to me, good for the tummy! So what am I talking about? Chocolate, of course!!

Now, I could probably write for days on this topic- it is very near and dear to my heart. I love it in any shape or form, covered with stuff or coating another wonderful treat. And what luck that I live pretty close to Hershey, PA...Hellooooo Chocolate World! Can't get any better than that! I honestly dream about that place. It's really a shame that chocolate had gotten such a bad wrap as being an 'unhealthy' food, but recently it's been proven that dark chocolate is good for the heart. What fantastic news!

So, of course, this got me thinking more about it. Good for the heart, huh? I better stock up then. As I was taking my daily "medicine" today, a.k.a. a piece of Dove Chocolate, I quickly unwrapped my little treat eager to read the message inside on the wrapper. This part is almost as good as the chocolate itself. Almost. And when I read my message, a big smile appeared on my face, and only half of it was because the chocolate tasted so good. The other half was because the little message inside was so inspiring and it gave me the boost I needed in my day. It was just perfect...

The more you praise and celebrate your life, the more there is in life to celebrate. 


Well, thank you, Dove. This is such a great little phrase that is sure to inspire all who read it. And it's absolutely true! We must learn to celebrate everything in our lives, no matter how big or small. These little things that are acknowledged each day build up into something great- a feeling of fulfillment and pride. Think about it: the more we can think positively, the more we can take pride in what we're doing, and the more reason to celebrate our accomplishments! So trust me, I'm (not) a doctor, but I am a self-proclaimed chocoholic, and I think in this instance, that position holds some credibility. Go out and buy yourself a heart healthy bag of Dove chocolates, and if you feel guilty about eating all of them, just remind yourself of all the great little messages that made your day.

Keep Smiling,
Optimal Optimist

1 comment:

  1. love it! i should most definitely save this post to keep as an excuse, er...reason for indulging!

    ReplyDelete

Please Share Your Thoughts! I Appreciate Your Comments and Can't Wait to Hear from You!