Monday, January 18, 2010

The Bumper Sticker



Hello Optimists,

Isn't it funny how sometimes things pop up in the most unexpected ways and give you a sign about things you've been thinking about? Or if you hear a really weird and interesting word for the first time, don't you love how you see or hear it everywhere from that time on? It's a pretty weird coincidence...or is it? I sometimes like to think that it's not just pure luck that we come across things like that, but rather, a sign from someone or somewhere that's bigger than us trying to relay a message.

It sometimes amazes me when I come across a quote that I want to write about. Sometimes it's a line from a movie, sometimes it's in a book...I've even used a quote that I found at a car repair shop! Who would ever think? You never know what you'll find when you're waiting to get your car inspected. Today's featured quote comes from a bumper sticker that I saw probably about two years ago, but its message has remained in my mind ever since. Now, while I have been taught to never ever put any big stickers or magnets or anything of the sort onto my car, I will acknowledge that some of the people that choose to put things on their cars are often on to something. I think it's a great way to spread your message, besides all of those gross and offensive ones....because really, there's not much else people can do to occupy their time at a red light. Anyway, I think this one is really important for us all to remember..

Live simply so others may simply live. 


This is very true. We often get caught up feeling like we need to live an extravagant lifestyle when there are other people in other countries who can't even have three meals a day. I mean, it would be pretty awesome to have a private jet and three houses, but meanwhile, there are some people who don't even have one house, or a roof for that matter. Now, I understand that some of the people living in these decrepit conditions may have made poor choices throughout their lives and "did it to themselves", but others did not. So maybe if we spread the love, and the private jets around the world, those that are not living such a great life might find hope in the possibility of living a slightly better and more fulfilling life.

Though we may not always be expecting to find a meaningful message in an unexpected place, you just never know...so always have your eyes - and minds - open. And next time you're at a red light or a stop sign (just please not while moving) take a look around at some bumper stickers, because you may just find a little message that sticks with you forever.

Keep Smiling,
Optimal Optimist

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please Share Your Thoughts! I Appreciate Your Comments and Can't Wait to Hear from You!