Thursday, January 14, 2010

Copy Cats



Hello Optimists,

I'm a big proponent of individualism. I think it's really important for all of us to learn to stand on our own two feet and fend for ourselves, but sadly I've learned that not many people are capable of doing this. On the same note, I also think it is very important for us to live our own lives, not trying to be like someone else. Where's the fun in that? Seriously, we need to be able to be our own person and let the world see why each of us is awesome.

I started thinking about all of this when I came across a quote I saved from one of my favorite books. I know I've mentioned it before..and I'll do it again because if you haven't read it, please do. Today's quote comes from Eat Pray Love and is really one of my favorites.

It is better to live your own destiny imperfectly than to live an imitation of someone else's life with perfection. -Eat Pray Love


Couldn't have said it better myself. By living your life as though you are someone else, you are doing yourself a disservice. Your life is your chance to shine, to show the world what you've got, what you're made of, and what makes you you. And if you aren't exactly perfect at doing that, it's ok! (I mean, who is, really?) But saying "I did this and this and this just like Angelina Jolie" won't do much to make you unique...because well, Angie already did it, and there are probably thousands of others trying to do the same. But doing things your own way and making a name for yourself will definitely make you stand out, and the only name in lights will be yours. How great is that?! So remember, as my second grade self would say, no copy-cats allowed.

Keep Smiling,
Optimal Optimist

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please Share Your Thoughts! I Appreciate Your Comments and Can't Wait to Hear from You!