Friday, January 1, 2010

Hellllooooo 2010!



Hello Optimists,

Happy New Year!! Well, we made it....it's 2010! Can you believe that it has already been a decade since the new millennium? Wow. Remember all of that hype about the world coming to an end in 2000? Wellll, that obviously didn't happen. Now there are new claims that 2010 will mark "the end" and others that say it is 2012. Now while this stuff really freaks me out, I'm not one to believe all of the hype. We can't be worried about something we can't even control, nor something that obviously cannot be accurately predicted. Ringing in the new year is all about celebrating the future...looking ahead to bigger and brighter happenings with a fresh start.

I came across today's quote about the new year and I thought it would be perfect for the first post of 2010.

An optimist stays up until midnight to see the New Year in. A pessimist stays up to make sure the old year leaves. -Bill Vaughn

This is very true. I hope you all raised your glasses last night to welcoming the new and exciting things that 2010 will bring, not to finding relief in the departure of 2009. So whether you waltzed into your house this morning in the same dress you wore last night or you had a nice relaxing evening at home, I hope you enjoyed your new year's eve celebrations. A lot has happened in these last ten years, and I hope this coming year marks the start of great things to come for the next decade. I wish you all happiness, health, and the will power to carry out your new year's resolutions past next week...

Keep Smiling,
Optimal Optimist

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please Share Your Thoughts! I Appreciate Your Comments and Can't Wait to Hear from You!