Wednesday, January 20, 2010

Number One Spot



                                                

Hello Optimists,

Sometimes I feel like there is just so much going on that I can't even think straight. And don't get me wrong, I like to be busy, I like to have things on my to-do list. But sometimes, in the midst of trying to get a thousand things done at once, I lose track of the important things that should be my main concern. I think it's kind of easy for us all to get caught up in the things that are going on in life without taking a minute to stop and evaluate our priorities.

Today's quote really gave me a chance to do just that. It's kind of like the clear solution to the problem that seems so blatantly obvious that it's a little obscure. It's one of those things that's so simple it's complicated. It's so easy it's hard. But after reading it, I realized that it's really not complicated or hard...it really is as simple as it reads...

The main thing is to keep the main thing the main thing. -Stephen Covey


I think this quote should be read over a loud speaker across the globe because I believe that a lot of people need to hear this. It seems so simple, but a lot of people are too worried about doing this or making that and being here before rushing there and...ugh, it's exhausting. While it's good to have your hand in a few baskets, I think we need to cool it. In trying to do a million things, we sometimes end up not getting anything done. We somehow believe that being stretched in ten different directions is the norm, and people would be appalled if we didn't have a Superman uniform on under our shirts. Besides, that costume is really not that flattering. Someone should really redesign that.

So take a moment today to think about your main thing, and set aside all of the other things that are getting in the way. It'll be like a detox for your mind. And I bet after doing that, you'll feel soooo much better. Remember that keeping the main thing the main thing will bring order to your life and help you realize what's really important in your world. So concentrate on that number one spot and let all the other unimportant stuff slide for now...

Keep Smiling,
Optimal Optimist

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please Share Your Thoughts! I Appreciate Your Comments and Can't Wait to Hear from You!