Monday, January 25, 2010

Seussical



Hello Optimists,

I know I've written about Dr. Seuss before in my Christmas post and I am sure I will continue to do so in the future. He really did have some great things to say- and it didn't hurt that his stories rhymed so wonderfully (even if most of those words were made up! Seriously, Google "Dr. Seuss words" and see all of the crazy things that come up). His stories have created a legacy of characters not only from books, but movies and musicals as well with fans young and old all over the world. So while I am not usually a fan of musical theatre, I think I know why Seussical the Musical was such a hit.

Sometimes I think it's sad that I'm now in my twenties and just beginning to appreciate the wonderful messages behind his work, but at the very least, I did enjoy them quite a bit when I was younger - but probably only because of the cool illustrations and bright colors. I just wish I could understand what great lessons he was teaching us way back then...

Anyway, what matters is that I continue to learn from him even today. The featured quote for today is one of my favorites in my collections from Dr. Seuss and I have a slight suspicion that I will see it on the top of your list too. It really helps me to remain true to myself without worrying about what other people may think or say...and you'll see why I think that way after reading the quote.

Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter won't mind. -Dr. Seuss


This is absolutely true and a very good reason to remain true to yourself and your beliefs. Why should we be so worried about what all of those other people think, when in the grand scheme of things, they aren't really a big part of our lives. And those that are lucky enough to be a part of our lives love us enough to accept us for who we are. So when people say "Don't worry about what other people think", and we agree, all the while knowing that we are definitely going to worry about that, we should definitely remember this quote. Now in addition to reciting Green Eggs and Ham, I will also have this quote ready to roll thanks to good 'ol Dr. Seuss.

Keep Smiling,
Optimal Optimist

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please Share Your Thoughts! I Appreciate Your Comments and Can't Wait to Hear from You!