Friday, January 15, 2010

Stand Tall



Hello Optimists,

There's a reason this president has a 20 foot statue inside a beautiful memorial at our nation's capital. Not only did he lead our nation out of its greatest internal battle ever, but used his words to inspire thousands to reunite and prosper as one. He's really my kinda guy. These words have carried through to today's world, where everything seems so different from the time when this man held the presidency...and this goes to show how important his messages were no matter what era they were spoken in. Of course, I'm talking about good 'ol Abraham Lincoln, better known as Honest Abe.

He sure has said a lot of great things, namely his whole Emancipation Proclamation. But, he is also known for many other profound statements and words of wisdom that have become some of America's most well-known quotes. The one I found today may not be one of his most famous, but it sure is a very powerful one nonetheless. It is short and to the point, yet very effective. Just how I like it. So I hope you can enjoy it too....

Be sure to put your feet in the right place. Then stand firm. -Abraham Lincoln


I think this is great advice because we need to be confident in where we're going and what we're doing. We need to be sure of where we're headed and then hold our ground. It doesn't help much if we just float along and follow the leads and opinions of others. We need to stick to our guns and have faith in our decisions and abilities; this is what can allow us, and others around us, to feel confident in what we're doing and be excited to move on and be even better. I think what Abe is saying is that we all need to stand tall, stand proud, and stand firm...and I think I'll take his advice. Though this quote may not be one of his most well-known, I think you should keep it in mind as your go through your day.

Keep Smiling,
Optimal Optimist

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please Share Your Thoughts! I Appreciate Your Comments and Can't Wait to Hear from You!