Tuesday, January 12, 2010

The Stopped Clock



Hello Optimists,

Ever had one of those days where it seems like nothing is going right, where you feel that your contributions are useless? Ugh, I hate those. But, on the bright side, we know that we're not alone in feeling this...it happens to everyone. Whenever this happens with me, I can't help but think that everything that's going wrong is no one else's fault but my own. Couldn't I have been more prepared? Did I really think this was going to work? Ugh, I should have known! I probably shouldn't burden myself with all of those questions that won't at all help the situation, but I can't help it.

So in the midst of my most recent coulda woulda shoulda's, I took a moment to stop feeling so awful about the situation and so sorry for myself and decided that I needed to change my thinking. And then, I conveniently came across today's quote that seemed to reaffirm my decision....

Even a stopped clock is right twice a day.


And ya know, that's true! Now, as a chronic watch wearer, I will admit that a dead watch battery is, to me, like going through the day with a blindfold on. I don't know why I'm so attached, but I have this constant need to know the time...at all times! But I digress...

This quote really opened my eyes and made me realize that even though something may not be working out as perfectly as planned, somewhere along the line, you will find that good things are still happening. We need to look on the bright side, especially on those days where you think you were probably better off staying in bed...because things are not always as bad as we make them out to be. And sometimes, good things come from the bad, the unexpected, and the "wrong". So don't beat yourself up so much the next time you feel as useless as a stopped clock, because at some point, you will be serving your purpose, it may just not be as you expected.

Keep Smiling,
Optimal Optimist

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please Share Your Thoughts! I Appreciate Your Comments and Can't Wait to Hear from You!