Tuesday, February 2, 2010

Keeping the Doors Open


Hello Optimists,

I was reading an article the other day about personality types. This particular writer was discussing the 6 traits that she most admires and would like to embody, and after reading it, I thought it was great food for thought. So I started to make a mental list of my own and I found that many of the things I thought of coincided with what was written in that article. As I was thinking about some more personality traits, I wondered if having those traits was enough to make a difference in the world. Sure, it's a great start, but what lies beyond personality that has that extra little something to carry it through?

My answer came in the form of today's quote and I am quite happy to share it with you. There is a little something beyond personality that continues to make one's traits shine through and truly reflect who they are inside. Having a great personality is something we all strive for, but that's just the outer shell. What lies within us, our character, is what allows our personality to be genuine.

Personality has the power to open doors, but character must keep them open. 


This is exactly what I was looking for. Personality is what gets us noticed, and character -our  morals and personal standards- is what gives our personality that extra little shine. We all know people whose personality is completely transparent...we just know they're not being genuine. This is how even a seemingly "good" personality can close doors for you. But a person's true character never lies and will keep the doors open, giving you the opportunity to get all of the great things you deserve in life.

So keep this quote in mind as you go through the day and make sure that while people see your personality, your character is right behind it, pushing it through. I bet you'll find that letting your true character show will bring you, and those you're with, much more happiness.

Keep Smiling,
Optimal Optimist

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please Share Your Thoughts! I Appreciate Your Comments and Can't Wait to Hear from You!