Wednesday, February 3, 2010

That Damn Groundhog


Hello Optimists,

Did you all hear the depressing news yesterday from our local meteorologist,  Punxsutawney Phil? That's right, that damn groundhog saw his shadow, so we're in for six more weeks of winter! Depending on how trustworthy our little furry friend is, that can be real bad news. Has anyone ever done a study on how accurate his predictions have been? Well someone definitely should, and if there is one out there, I'd love to see it- so send me the link! Anyway, I'm not completely convinced about his weather-predicting capabilities, but since I'm a Pennsylvanian, I guess I should show some support...even if it does mean braving this cold for a few more weeks! 

With visions of me huddling next the the fireplace (that I don't have) and bundling up in scarves and gloves well into March, I decided it would probably be best if I stop dwelling on that fact and change my thinking. Honestly, should I really let that little rodent cloud my visions of summer? I don't think so. And just as I was in the middle of converting all of my negativity toward good 'ol Phil to some good thoughts, I came across today's quote that seemed to affirm my new way of thinking.

Things turn out best for the people who make the best of the way things turn out. -Art Linkletter


Just what I needed to hear. Okayyyy, so I may not be thrilled with the news of a late winter, but what can I do to change it? Things won't be any better for me if I mull over the thoughts of icicles, too many layers of clothing, and that awful screeching noise my car lets out in an attempt to tell me "It's too cold to start the engine!!!!". But things can turn out much better if I just concentrate on getting through these next few weeks, and look forward to the day when I can walk outside without my coat! Now there's reason to celebrate! The only way things can turn out to be great is if I can make the best of the situation at hand.

We all want things to turn out perfectly, but sometimes it just doesn't happen. But after reading this quote, I think we are the ones who can control that. So today, try to make the best out of every situation -even if it doesn't go as planned- and I bet things will work out just fine. In the meantime, I'll be working on visions of sunshine, swimming pools and endless beaches to get me through the day....

Keep Smiling,
Optimal Optimist

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please Share Your Thoughts! I Appreciate Your Comments and Can't Wait to Hear from You!