Wednesday, February 24, 2010

Think Big

Hello Optimists,

Hear the words, "You're Fired!", and whose face do you immediately imagine? That's right, The Donald. I'm not really a fan of The Apprentice - I guess I just never really got into watching it. And I'm not totally convinced that I'm a fan of The Donald either...he's ok. I think it's the hair that throws me off. It's very distracting. I imagine that if I were to ever see him in person, he would be a very confident man, sitting with some very powerful people while holding his classic expression of slightly squinted eyes and pursed lips. This is the image I have of him in my head..something I've conjured up as a mix of his TV persona and the style of his Palm Beach house....er, mansion.

So I don't know that if we met we'd have much to talk about. He is no doubt a very smart man, and I like to consider myself a smart woman, but where do you even begin a conversation with a person like this? Well, that's what I thought, anyway. Then I came across this quote that really struck a chord with me. So maybe he's more than just a man with some weird hair and a love for all things gold...

As long as you're going to be thinking, think big. -Donald Trump

Well thank you, Mr. Trump. This is quite good advice! And he has certainly been thinking big, real big, for the past few decades. I think he's on to something here with this quote...we need to be thinking as big as we can. Our ideas and imaginations are limitless, so don't put a roof on your thoughts. Instead, let them burst through the cieling and into the sky...you never know what can come from one measly "little" thought. I bet the reason why The Donald is "The Donald" is because he is always thinking big, always looking for a new improvement, always pushing to find a better answer. So as long as you're going to put the effort into a thought, might as well make it great.

Ok, so maybe I've reconsidered what my meeting with him would be like. I do know for certain that he would still have that squinty-eyed, pursed-lip expression, but maybe he could lend a few big thoughts or words of advice that could acutally be helpful. Maybe on my next trip to NYC I'll make a pit stop in Trump Towers and see if he's available for a chat. But if not, I'll certainly remember his quote, and I think you should too. So go ahead- you heard the man, think big!

Keep Smiling,
Optimal Optimist

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please Share Your Thoughts! I Appreciate Your Comments and Can't Wait to Hear from You!