Wednesday, March 17, 2010

Born To Be a Billionaire? We're on the Right Track!


Hello Optimists,

I read an article today that really surprised me...but in a good way. I was reading through some headlines on news websites and came across one that said, "Are You Born To Be A Billionaire?". So of course, I clicked on it. Who wouldn't want to know if they were born to be a billionaire? Thinking I would find indicators like "Started a franchise business before getting a driver's license" or "Born into royalty" as the characteristics that set someone up for billionaire status, I was reading the article merely to humor myself. But, as I continued through a few sentences, what I found brought a huge smile to my face. Here's what I read: "People who are very successful have an incredible sense of optimism...they don't have the sense of limitations that other people have"....and that's all it took for me to grin from ear to ear.

Well, I think I've got quite a ways to go before I can rub elbows with the world's richest people, but it reassured me that optimism is a very powerful quality to have. Optimists have an undeniable positive outlook that allows them to persevere and achieve the things that otherwise would never be followed through with. Hopefully I am helping you along your journey to becoming an optimal optimist just as much as I am helping myself along my journey. It's not easy; like the article says, it takes a lot of risk taking and confidence despite many failures, but these elements are the keys to success.

That article was certainly uplifting, and I wanted to make sure today's feature quote was just as inspirational while showing the importance of optimism. I think I found the perfect one...
Optimism is the faith that leads to achievement. Nothing can be done without hope and confidence. -Helen Keller
This is a really great quote. Helen Keller was right on when she said that optimism is what leads to achievement...maybe she ghost-wrote this article!? But where she was also right is in the second part of the quote: nothing can be done without hope and confidence. We've got to believe in every single thing we're doing and have the hope in our hearts that we will succeed. Without that, we're not giving 100% and it will make it that much more difficult to achieve our dreams.

I realize that being a billionaire is a long shot, but hey, why not aim high? It's good to read some fact-based information about optimism...just knowing the power behind positive thinking really lifts my spirits and gives me an extra boost to my day, and I hope it will do the same for you. So if in the next week or so, you happen to strike it rich, don't put it off to chance...it may just be because of all of that positive thinking we've been doing here. Oh, and I'll take 30%. Thanks.

Keep Smiling,
Optimal Optimist


Want to read that article? Check it out here: Forbes: Born To Be A Billionaire?

1 comment:

  1. Making some late Friday Follow rounds! Or maybe I'm early? However ya look at it! ;o)

    Chrissy
    http://chrissyrenee79.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete

Please Share Your Thoughts! I Appreciate Your Comments and Can't Wait to Hear from You!