Monday, March 22, 2010

It's My 100th Post!


Hello Optimists,

Today is my 100th post! I can't believe I have already written so much, and to be honest, I thought I might run out of steam somewhere along the way here... but here I am, already 100 posts in. I must say that I'm pretty excited about it- so thank you for reading and for all of your thoughtful comments and feedback!

Just a few months ago this blog was just an idea in my head, something I'd been thinking about for a while,  but for some reason, I was too afraid to give it a try. I didn't think I knew enough about blogging, or that my writing and content would be appealing to many people... but sometimes you've just got to give things a try. And I sure am glad that I did. Not only have I made a lot of blogger friends, I've learned that there are a lot of others out there who I have many things in common with and share my thoughts and ideas. But most of all, I am happy because I am achieving a goal that I set for myself. Even though this isn't my job and I'm not getting paid for it, I have made a commitment to writing a new post every weekday. I started out small with my first post, just some thoughts typed out on a page with the hopes of making a difference in someone's day, and now, 99 posts later, I have really learned so much and have established a style of writing, an interest in reading other blogs, and a sincere passion for this little hobby of mine. It makes me smile when I read the lovely comments I get on some of my posts because it reminds me that I am really making a difference.

So I wanted today's quote to be a very special one, a quote that makes us realize that by committing to something and putting your mind to it, we can accomplish the things we set out to do and feel proud that we've made a difference. I think this quote does just that...
When you do nothing, you feel overwhelmed and powerless. But when you get involved, you feel the sense of hope and accomplishment that comes from knowing you are working to make things better. 
This is very true. In my case in particular, before I started writing (when I was doing nothing to put my blog idea to work), I had several doubts about starting a blog and honestly felt overwhelmed and powerless when it came to the topic. But when I finally sat down and just did it (got involved) I was instantly filled with a sense of hope and accomplishment. I really was doing something, I was letting my voice be heard...and before I knew it, I had new friends and followers who reminded me that I really was working to make things better.

So sometimes we choose to ignore that little voice inside our heads that is telling us to go for it but we're too busy thinking about what could go wrong and why it won't work to really allow our idea to shine through. Sometimes we just need to jump in and get involved in the things we're passionate about...those feelings of confusion and powerlessness will float away...and the rest will take care of itself.

Thank you again for reading and for sharing your thoughts with me along the way. Here's to 100 more!

Keep Smiling,
Optimal Optimist

2 comments:

  1. Congratulations on your 100th blog!!!!!!! very well written and inspiring! Keep up the great work!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Blogger,

    I cheer you on for setting and obtaining a goal. It is refreshing to see a young woman set a goal and achieve it in a spectacular way. You are making me smile this morning here in Western PA. Enjoy the accomplishment.

    ReplyDelete

Please Share Your Thoughts! I Appreciate Your Comments and Can't Wait to Hear from You!