Tuesday, March 9, 2010

The Perfect Pout


Hello Optimists,

I read an article last week entitled "8 Things I Wish I Knew About Health and Happiness When I Was 21" and I found it to be quite interesting. It's fun to look back and think about all of the things we would change if only "we knew then what we know now". How many times have you said that? I've certainly thought about that a lot...but that's life, right? We're not supposed to know what's best for us all the time- where's the fun in figuring it all out?

But when we're thinking about health and happiness, those are the two things people want to get right right from the start, so having a heads-up in this department certainly wouldn't hurt. Tips like "Learn to let go of toxic people, but learn to forgive them" and "Realize that it's not all about you" are two things on that list in particular that can definitely be applied to anyone, but I suppose the earlier the better.

The 8 things that were featured were pretty good pieces of advice, but I think there is one more I'd like to add to that list....
For attractive lips, speak words of kindness. -Audrey Hepburn
Now there's good advice. I know what you're thinking: Easy for her to say, Audrey was beautiful. And she was, for certain. But part of that beauty came from the wonderful things she thought about..and eventually spoke about. I think this is something that we can (and should!) learn right from the start. We shouldn't be worried about scheduling our next Botox appointment to get that perfect pout, or picking up the newest long-lasting shade of lipstick in the makeup aisle, or even dreaming about making our kissers more "Angelina Jolie-like". All of those things won't make a bit of difference if the words coming out of those beautiful lips aren't attractive. The words you speak count for something, and those words can make even the most picture perfect lips seem tight and dry. Remember that while people may at first be attracted by what they see, it is what comes from within that really seals the deal.

So next time you catch yourself gazing into the mirror and picking out all of the things you would like to be different, take a minute to acknowledge how you can change those things by changing what comes from inside.

Here's the article about Things I Wish I Knew for you to read if you'd like. What things would be on your list?

Keep Smiling,
Optimal Optimist

1 comment:

  1. This is really awesome and something more people should take note of. I always try to speak my kindest words and be good to everyone because beauty from the inside reflects on the outside. Love your blog!

    Best,

    Hannah Katy

    ReplyDelete

Please Share Your Thoughts! I Appreciate Your Comments and Can't Wait to Hear from You!