Wednesday, May 19, 2010

A 5 Year Old Might Take My Job

Photo: news.bbc.co.uk
Hello Optimists,

Yesterday I was browsing through some tweets and came across a link to a video that just made my day. I clicked the link and was redirected to YouTube to watch "Jessica's Daily Affirmation". After reading the title while it loaded, I thought for a minute about x-ing out of the window, thinking the video would be something recorded and posted by some Jessica one day when she was really bored. I am so glad I waited out the buffering time and watched the video. I knew immediately that I had to post it here to share with all of you to enjoy, and after watching you'll know why. Oh, the joys of YouTube.




Well, little Jessica might just be giving me a run for my money here. We just might have a new writer on Optimal Optimist. I don't know if she can even spell Optimist yet, but we can work on that.

I was absolutely blown away by this. Sure, it's super cute, and kids always say funny little things like this...but her incredible optimism and positivity is amazing! There's something to be learned from the  innocence and naivety of kids- they all think they can do anything, be anything, and say anything. And most times, that's exactly what they do. They truly are optimal optimists. And Jessica's actions reminded me of a quote that explains why little kids are always so darn happy.
Optimism is the one quality more associated with success and happiness than any other. -Brian Tracy
But what's amazing about kids is that they take everything in, and show us that we need to acknowledge what goes on in our world. We should all be thinking about the things we love in life, even down to the little things like our "haircuts", our "pajamas",  and our "Allisons"...whoever Allison is. Kids have that "can do" attitude and are always happy because they of their optimistic attitudes.

We need to take a cue from little Jessica and stand up and proclaim what we love about our life. Her "I can do anything good" and "I love everything" attitude is so great and really made me stop and think about the last time I showed my appreciation and love for all of the things I have in my life. It's easy to take it all for granted, but thanks to Jessica, I realize how important it is to be happy about my life and everything in it. I may just start doing my own "daily affirmations". Though I think I will steer clear of screaming it in front of the bathroom mirror...my roommates might think I've "lost it" for good.

So after watching today's video, what is your "daily affirmation"? Do you take the time each day to appreciate and be happy about all of the things in your life?

Keep Smiling,



* Win a FREE advanced copy of "Delivering Happiness" in my latest giveaway ending this Friday, May 21st at at 11:59 pm (EST)!!

1 comment:

  1. Wow, what a great find.

    I look for things like this nearly everyday and I haven't come across anything as perfect as this.

    Be sure to keep your eye on the competition haha.

    ReplyDelete

Please Share Your Thoughts! I Appreciate Your Comments and Can't Wait to Hear from You!