Wednesday, May 26, 2010

Dancing With The Stars...In The Rain

Photo: kwopportunity.com

Hello Optimists,

Well, I just went to put up my post for today and saw that my newest entry wasn't saved!!!!! As Charlie Brown would say, "Oh good grief!". Don't you just hate when that happens? Anyway, I'll try my best to make this post as good as the original...

Last night I tuned in to Dancing With The Stars, and while I normally don't watch this show, I must say I was impressed with the final two contestants. Nicole from The Pussy Cat Dolls ended up winning that really gaudy mirror ball trophy, and rightfully so- she was amazing. Here performance to "Proud Mary" made me want to get up and dance around the living room, but I decided to not embarrass myself, so I kept my butt firmly planted on the couch. Anyway, they showed some behind the scenes clips and some footage from earlier on in the show and it was really interesting to see how much work they had to put into this show...I mean, this is not just your ordinary reality show where their "every day lives" are taped. These celebs have got to learn all different kinds of dances, improve their strength and flexibility, and then, worst of all, perform all of this in front of a live audience.

Many of the "stars" on DWTS weren't in the best of shape coming into the show, and had to battle some pretty serious injuries, others had to balance out insane schedules in and out of the show, and some just had to adjust to getting in the rhythm of things. And looking back, they all said how much they've learned and grown from this experience- which is pretty cool because most of them never even expected to get so much out of it. So I started thinking about all of the obstacles they must have been faced with (and I'm sure there were a lot) and I give them some major Kudos for doing what they did. It made me think of a quote (that ironically mentions dance) that reminds me that I need to take the challenges presented to me and make the best of them.
Life is not about waiting for the storm to pass, it's about learning to dance in the rain. -Vivan Greene
I love this one and it's so important to keep in mind because we often shy away from facing our challenges head on. We've got to learn to take what is given to us and make the best of it, regardless of whether the situation is ideal or not. The celebs on DWTS certainly did that, and worked their butts off to put on the best performance they could. If they hadn't, or waited for the storm to pass, they would surely have been eliminated much earlier in the competition and wouldn't have as much time to learn and grow. Instead, they learned to dance in the rain (and probably literally too, I hear that training is quite intense!), making the best of their talents, focus, and physical condition to dance their little hearts out. We're not always going to be presented with the best and most ideal situations in life, and we have to make sure that we can learn to make the most of what we've been dealt....we've got to learn to "weather the storm" and be the best we can be, no matter what the forecast.

Keep Smiling,

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please Share Your Thoughts! I Appreciate Your Comments and Can't Wait to Hear from You!