Wednesday, June 30, 2010

Big Announcement and Here's Your Chance To Be Featured In Optimal Optimist!

Photo: napavalley.edu

Hello Optimists,

So I've been telling you for a few days now about a very exciting journey that I will be going on...so I'm finally ready to reveal my big announcement! On Thursday, I will be leaving for a European adventure! But don't worry, I won't be leaving Optimal Optimist to gather dust. I thought it would be fun to include you on my journey, so starting next week and continuing the following week, I will be sharing two new posts a week with you. So, it is with excitement that I invite you to join in my Come Fly With Me Week! 
The "kick off" or launch of Come Fly With Me Week will begin on Tuesday, July 6th, and continue on into the next week. Each new post will be unique to the particular place I will be visiting and I will give you a little hint at the end to let you know where we're headed next! 


Next up on the agenda is a new idea that I've been throwing around in my head, and I've decided that this would be the perfect time to start it out. So, here is your chance to be featured in a future Optimal Optimist post! I've written almost 200 posts so far using some of my favorite quotes, but I think it's time to hear from you and feature some of your favorites too! I am hoping this will not only encourage some conversations between all of us, but also will give me a chance to help promote some of your wonderful blogs! When I return from my trip, I will begin sorting through them and will feature your quotes in my daily blogs and give you a shout-out and a link to your blog.


If you're a quote lover like me and have a quote (or a few quotes!) that you haven't read here on my blog, I'd love for you to share it with me! I love quotes that are positive, funny, inspiring, and motivating, but any of your favorites will do...but please, keep it clean! Leave a comment on this post including:

  •  the quote and a little blurb about why it's your favorite
  •  your name and location
  •  a link to your blog (if you have one!)
I will include a link back to this post in each of my Come Fly With Me Week posts so you can easily leave your favorite quotes for me throughout the next two weeks.

I thought I would post today's featured quote as an example of what yours would look like when it's up on my blog! 



Today's quote comes from Philadelphia, PA....Thanks to Vanessa from Optimal Optimist for introducing us to our featured quote of the day! 
You can never cross the ocean unless you have the courage to lose sight of the shore. -Christopher Columbus 
This is such an inspiring quote coming straight from a man who really knows a thing or two about crossing oceans. It's great to set big goals and dream big dreams, but unless we can muster up the courage to take some risks and step a little out of our comfort zone, then we can't expect to reach our goals as quickly or as easily as we'd like. Doing great things takes a lot of hard work and the determination to do whatever it takes to get the job done. It's so important to realize that we must have the courage to try new things and to take a risk on something we believe in. And I think we should take it from Christopher Columbus because he certainly had the courage to lose sight of the shore. What he set out to do was a huge risk at the time, but he wanted more than anything to cross the oceans and explore the world. And that's what he did...all because he had the courage to do it.

I look forward to reading all of your comments and gathering them up to feature in my future posts! So...what are you waiting for? Go find your favorite and leave a comment here!

Keep Smiling,

5 comments:

  1. My favorite quote that has been following me for a very long time is from a movie. I don't know if that qualifies, but I'll look for more and comment again.

    Lost in Translation.

    Charlotte (Scarlett Johansson): I just don't know what I'm supposed to be.
    Bob (Bill Murray): You'll figure that out. The more you know who you are, and what you want, the less you let things upset you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hope you have fun abroad!! I look forward to hearing how it goes :-). And I'll definitely think of writing a post for you - it'd be so fun! Now... to think of a good quote...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Find strength in each other, courage in yourself, and hope in everyone else.

    Have a wonderful trip. Europe is incredible.

    Regards,
    M

    ReplyDelete
  4. I hope you are having a great trip!! I'll be back to leave you a quote or two!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hello again! Here's my quote:

    “Do not spoil what you have by desiring what you have not; remember that what you now have was once among the things you only hoped for.” from Epicurus

    I like this quote because it reminds us to live in the moment and be thankful for what we have. I know that I sometimes find myself working towards one goal and then immediately tackling another as soon as I've achieved the first. This quote reminds me to stop and relish what I've already accomplished :-).

    ReplyDelete

Please Share Your Thoughts! I Appreciate Your Comments and Can't Wait to Hear from You!