Tuesday, June 15, 2010

It Comes From Within


Hello Optimists,

This past weekend was the graduation ceremony at the high school I attended...my old alma mater. It's been a few years since I stood on the football field among my peers, ready to receive that diploma and move on to the next big thing, and it's kind of crazy to think about how much different life is now than it was then. I have a much different (and more optimistic!) outlook on life and now I can see the bigger picture.

I'm not sure if I would call myself an optimal optimist then, but I was certainly still a positive person. I was still a quote lover back then, but I didn't try to really live the words like I do now. I didn't think about my favorite quotes to get me through a rough time or to motivate me when I really needed a boost. Now, as I approach my college graduation, I will definitely have a list of words of encouragement, motivation, and inspiration from my blog, and I think these little lines from some incredibly wise people will be with me for a long long time.

I got an email about a post called "100 Timeless Quips & Quotes for Recent College Grads" that featured a bunch of really great quotes for anyone ready to walk the stage and receive that diploma this year. I read through the list and found some really great words of inspiration. Some I had heard or read before and some that I had not, and I'm sure I'll be using some of the new ones in future posts! Here is one of my favorites...I love it because it is perfect not only for recent grads, but for anyone of us who needs a little dose of inspiration.
What lies behind us and what lies before us are tiny matters compared to what lies within us. -Ralph Waldo Emerson
Ah, this is so true, but I would expect nothing less from Ralph Waldo Emerson...he really has some great quotes. He is the one behind a quote we all know to be the ultimate motivational and inspirational quote, "Do not got where the path may lead. Go instead where there is no path and leave a trail". It's so important for us all to know that all of our achievements, accomplishments, genius ideas, and break-throughs all come from within us. If we can only wrap our heads around the power we hold in our own lives, then we can really have the courage and confidence to go out and do what we want to do and make a difference. All of the other "stuff" that clouds our vision is there to give us a challenge, but if we stay true to ourselves and know that all we need to be great comes from within us, then we will be on the right track to success.

Take a look at that post,  read through some of the quotes, and if you know any recent grads, you should share this with them to give them a bit of inspiration. After looking through the list, let me know what some of your favorites are!!

Keep Smiling,

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please Share Your Thoughts! I Appreciate Your Comments and Can't Wait to Hear from You!