Thursday, June 3, 2010

Your Most Important Accessory

Photo: ibiza-majorca.perfecttravelblog.com

Hello Optimists,


I was scrolling through Elle.com last night and stumbled upon a little interview they had done a few months back with my girl, Gwen Stefani. Of course I had to read it immediately- I'm a big fan. Back when No Doubt first came out, my sister and her friends all went to their concert to celebrate my sister's birthday- and of course, I was there too. But it wasn't just because I was being dragged along with the family. Sure, I was still under 10 years old, but there was no doubt that I loved No Doubt. To this day I still have that Tragic Kingdom CD in my car and on my iPod and I know the words to every song. 


In high school I went to see Gwen on her solo tour- which was amazing- and then she took some time to raise her adorable rocker kids, so she's been off the charts for a bit. No Doubt just got together again and went on a tour this past year, and they're planning a new album release sometime soon....yes! But I'm a Gwen Stefani fan for more than just her music...I'm also a fan of her fashion sense and her clothing line. Unfortunately most of the items retail for an amount that's wayyyy outside of my budget, but I still like to look. 


There's just something about high-end fashion that just lures me in (and then there's the price tag that definitely doesn't!) But I can't help but appreciate the quality of the fabrics and the intricate details that you just don't get from everyday retailers. With Gwen's L.A.M.B. line, it's so fun to look at items that are completely unique, and I love seeing her iconic style come out in her pieces. But I'll walk into a Burberry store just to admire their classic trench coats, or into Louis Vuitton just to smell the leather in the air. Then I leave, empty-handed, telling myself that one day I'll become a "regular" in those stores. Wishful thinking, I know, but then I read this quote and realized that it's ok to walk out of those stores without a bag. 
Remember the most important thing you can take with you is not a Gucci bag or french cut jeans; it's an open mind. -Gail Ruben Bereny
Ah, so true. To some, carrying a real Gucci bag is a sign of their wealth or their expensive taste, and they often hold items like these up to the highest standards. And I guess considering the price tag, I would too. I'll admit that I would love love love to have a wide array of high end labels in my closet....I really love fashion. But in the grand scheme of things, it's not the most important representation of our personalities or even our lifestyles. Our most important accessory is an open mind


So next time you're out shopping or find yourself looking for the newest item to add to your closet and make your friends jealous, remember the most important of our accessories cannot be found in stores, and lucky for us, it really has no price tag. 


Keep Smiling,

2 comments:

  1. Im putting that quote on my blog!!
    I LOVE it!

    xoxo
    bB

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome- so glad you liked it! It's definitely one of my favorites too!

    ReplyDelete

Please Share Your Thoughts! I Appreciate Your Comments and Can't Wait to Hear from You!