Tuesday, July 13, 2010

Come Fly With Me...to Italy!

Photo: world-mysteries.com
Hello Optimists,


Finally I have arrived in the country I have been wanting to visit since...well, since forever.  It is the country where my blood runs through, where the beauty of life is celebrated to no avail, the place where I can feel the warmth of my family. Here it is. I am standing in il bel paese, Italia!

I will be visiting a few cities throughout this country for the next six days, though somehow I feel as if six years would not be enough for me.  Oh, I cannot even contain myself....Florence, Rome, Assisi, Capri, Sorrento, Pompeii!!!!!...I just cannot wait to take it all in. I want to hear (and speak!) the language, see the beautiful sights, and eat the delicious foods (hello gelato!)

But most of all, I want to be in the presence of the culture where life is for living, enjoying and savoring, and feel the spirit of the warm and passionate Italians. Luckily I have a family who has stayed true to its roots, so I have had the pleasure of growing up with the warm and loving people I am hoping to find here in Italy. We are not the loud, obnoxious "Italians" you see on TV, but rather, the quiet, reserved, and loving people who relish the time spent with family and friends, and who know that....

La vita รจ migliori quando tu sorridi. 
Life is better when you smile. 
I just had to use this Italian quote for today's post because I whole-heartedly believe in it. This is so important to remember because it's so easy to get caught up in the doom and gloom of other people's sorrows, or to focus on all of the negatives in this world. But just a little smile can give all of that a time-out, and even for just that moment, life will be better. We've got to commit to being happy people, and the first step to that can be made with a smile. 



Well, I know that I am certainly smiling here in bella Italia, and life is pretty darn good. So let's all take the time to make today the start of a better life...all it takes is a smile. I guess I've always been trying to send this message through my valediction at the end of every post. I hope today you realize the importance of this little reminder.

Don't forget, I want to read your favorite quotes! Learn how to submit them to be featured in a future Optimal Optimist post here.

Keep Smiling,







No comments:

Post a Comment

Please Share Your Thoughts! I Appreciate Your Comments and Can't Wait to Hear from You!