Thursday, July 29, 2010

A Quote Coincidence

Photo: amb-creative.com

Hello Optimists,

It's funny the way things work out sometimes...

 I hopped onto Blogger to read through some of the blogs I follow, and I came across a great post called "Picture Your Dreams" over at Velvet Over Steel. I'm so glad I stumbled across this because it's about something I love to read about. As the title says, the post was indeed about "picturing your dreams" and said that we should visualize achieving the goal we've set for ourselves. I think this is a great message to send and it's something we should try to incorporate into our lives. Whatever you want in life- whether it be a new career, a diploma, or even a new pair of shoes (helloooo Manolos!) then we've got to picture ourselves working in that new office setting, walking off stage with diploma in hand, or strutting our stuff on the street in our new heels. "Picturing our dreams" gives us that little extra "umph" to make our dreams a reality.

Not only did I love this post because of the positive message it sent, but also because it featured two great quotes that supported this idea. And, when getting ready to write this post, it just so happened that the next reader-submitted quote in line was the same one that was featured in the "Picture Your Dreams" post! Well I took that as a sign that this quote was really meant to be shared and taken to heart, so I hope that you can read it and share it with your friends too! It is a pretty well-known quote, but even if you've heard it before, take some time to really think about it....
Go confidently in the direction of your dreams. Live the life you have imagined. -Henry David Thoreau 
There's a reason why this is so well-known...it's so so so powerful. Two things really stick out to me here. First is that we are to go confidently in the direction of our dreams. Confidently, without any second thoughts or room for reservations. Confidently, without worrying about what others may think. Confidently, with total faith in ourself and our decisions. This is something I'm always working on and looking to improve. It's pretty tough to live a in total confidence, but it's so important in our lives.

The next part that really stuck out to me was that we need to live the life we have imagined. We need to really live out our dreams, with all of the blood, sweat, and tears that may accompany it. To live out our dreams by making that one little idea a real plan of action. The life we have always imagined is just waiting for us to start living it...we have no reason to keep it as only a dream or a thought. That is our life...we just have to let it happen.

Go check out that post at Velvet Over Steel and read about how the author is really picturing her dreams and living the life she has imagined. It just might inspire you to start doing the same! It really is funny the way things work out sometimes, and I'm so glad that this little "quote coincidence" came about.

Remember today's quote as you go through your day and I hope this starts you on a journey towards living out your dreams.

Keep Smiling,

2 comments:

  1. A terrific post as usual! I've been a bit remiss in my bloggy visits... I am so glad to be back here!! Today I posted a great quote that might be fun for you:

    “Don’t ask what the world needs. Ask what makes you come alive, and go do it. Because what the world needs is people who have come alive.”
    - Howard Thurman

    As I put this here, I was wondering if you had some Master list of all your quotes. Might make a super reference page, you could do it apha by author or something like that... anyway I was thinking it would be a fun way to peruse your archives!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love that quote, Kathy! Thanks for sharing it...I'm going to add it to my list and use it in a future post!!

    I have a master list of my quotes for my personal use, but it would be great to have it as a page on my blog...great idea and thanks for suggesting it! It will probably take a while, but it would be great to have. I'll get right on that! : )

    ReplyDelete

Please Share Your Thoughts! I Appreciate Your Comments and Can't Wait to Hear from You!