Thursday, August 12, 2010

Good Thoughts Make Good Action

Photo: healthewoman.org

Hello Optimists,

I feel like I've been thinking some good thoughts lately. But unfortunately, that's all they were... just thoughts. I often wonder about how many great new inventions, breakthroughs, and "Ugh, I wish I thought of that!"'s there would be in this world if we would be more inclined to turn our thoughts into actions.

If I turned every one of my thoughts into an action, I would never stop moving. And I think that goes for most of us; we have a million thoughts that run through our heads every day, so how do we go about choosing which ones should be turned into action? Well, that's a loaded question in itself, but the important thing to remember here is that we need to pick at least some of those thoughts and make something of them. After I read today's featured quote, I was inspired to do just that...
A great thought speaks only to the thoughtful mind, but great actions speak to all mankind. -Thomas Jefferson
This is a really great quote and it sure helped me understand that actions speak louder than words...err, thoughts. But if we want to make a difference in our lives or someone else's, we've got to put a plan into motion. The little thought bubbles floating around in our head can't really be shared with anyone else - they just sit there, bouncing around in our head until a few other good thoughts and ideas come along and push them out of the front row. So they sit in the back, forgotten, until we've got so many others in there that they are pushed permanently into the archives of our memory. But, if we can think up good thoughts, pick out the ones that can really make a difference, and start spinning our wheels into motion to make those thoughts a reality, we can share our good ideas with everyone we wish to.

So that's what I'll be working on for now- taking my good thoughts and turning them into good actions.

Keep Smiling,

1 comment:

  1. Oooh!! You know what my favorite quote is that goes very well with this post?

    "Never suppress a generous thought."

    Oops, I've never been quite sure who said that, but I intend to find out. ;)

    ReplyDelete

Please Share Your Thoughts! I Appreciate Your Comments and Can't Wait to Hear from You!