Tuesday, August 17, 2010

Signs, Signs, and More Signs: Part 2


Photo: from me!

Hello Optimists,

As promised, today’s post features yet another sign with a positive message that I stumbled upon last week. This time, I found the sign in the window display of a retail boutique store front, and though the clothes on the mannequins brought me in for a closer look, it was this sign at the bottom of the window that kept my attention.  I walked over to the display to admire a particularly cute little dress when this lovely little sign appeared in my view...

It seemed out of place - yet perfectly in place at the same time. I am used to signs in a retail space to say “50% off!”, “Blowout Sales”, or “Clearance” (or at least, that’s what I’d like them to say) but I usually don’t see signs with such a great message peeking through the glass in a clothing store. But I will say that just as the big sale signs lure me in to shop around, this sign sure did too. Who can walk away from a message like this:
There are only two ways to live your life. One is as though nothing is a miracle. The other is that everything is a miracle.
This is a pretty powerful message, and as I thought more about it, I realized that it goes back to something that I’m always trying to do: appreciate the little things in life. I realize that it might seem a little bit weird to think of everything in life as a miracle, but sometimes if we stop to think about all of the great things that are going on around us, we just might be able to better understand the message in today’s featured quote. And, as a plus, this is a sure way to becoming an Optimal Optimist.

Great things are happening all around us, but the only way we can truly appreciate what’s going on is to understand how lucky we are to be a part of all of it. I hope you can keep an image of this sign in your mind, and more importantly, remember the great message that it’s displaying.

Keep Smiling,

1 comment:

  1. If we are taking in everything with a sense of wonder, it is because we have become bored and dull-minded. We have taken life for granted and have lost the enthusiasm for the possiblilties that the future hold. I look around and I don't know how a lot of stuff works, but I'm amazed that it does work and there are so many brilliant minds who come together to keep creating and make things work.

    Lee
    Tossing It Out

    ReplyDelete

Please Share Your Thoughts! I Appreciate Your Comments and Can't Wait to Hear from You!