Wednesday, August 18, 2010

Signs, Signs, and More Signs: Part 3


Photo: from me!

Hello Optimists,

The next sign that popped up last week was printed on a t-shirt that was displayed in a storefront window. Among the others saying “Dewey Beach, DE” and “Surf’s Up” this shirt’s saying was a little more humorous. In fact, when I first read it, I laughed to myself, thinking that if there was ever an Optimal Optimist Boot Camp, this would for sure be the shirt every counselor was required to wear.

As I shopped around other stores later on that night, I couldn’t find any that compared to this one, and I just couldn’t get it off my mind. I really liked this shirt, minus the skull and cross bones, and while I don’t normally endorse beatings, I thought this was pretty funny. Plus the message it displayed was pretty strong; morale, or the confidence, enthusiasm, or discipline of a person or group, is something we should always try to keep positive.

This reminded me of a great quote that I once read, and while I think that the saying on the shirt was a good fit for today’s featured quote, I thought this one complimented it perfectly. 
Nothing can stop the man with the right mental attitude. Nothing on earth can help the man with the wrong attitude. – Thomas Jefferson
I love this one and it's truly a reminder of why we should keep our morale - and attitudes - in check all the time. If we keep a positive frame of mind and a good attitude, nothing can stop us. On the other hand if we carry a negative attitude with us all of the time and see things through a pessimistic viewpoint, then there's not much that can turn that view around. It's pretty hard to be successful, happy, and a fun person to be around when you've got a bad attitude, but when you've got a positive outlook, the world is yours and nothing can stand in your way.


I hope you can keep this quote in mind and realize how important a good attitude is. And if there's anyone out there who has this awesome "morale t-shirt", send me a picture while you're wearing it and I'll post it up on this blog!


Keep Smiling,

3 comments:

  1. Your signs are a lot of fun!

    I've seen that morale t-shirt but sadly do not own it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm a glass half-full kinda gal, too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Jefferson's quote is a great one. Nobody ever accomplished any great thing because they didn't believe they counld do it.

    Lee
    Tossing It Out

    ReplyDelete

Please Share Your Thoughts! I Appreciate Your Comments and Can't Wait to Hear from You!