Tuesday, August 24, 2010

Signs, Signs, and More Signs: Part 6

Photo by Sarah!

Hello Optimists,

Whew! Can you believe we're on our sixth positive sign today?! I'd love to keep this series going in the future, so if you have any signs to submit, send them my way...

Today's awesome sign was delivered to me via text message from my BFF Sarah in The Big Apple. "Talk about signs...look at this!" she wrote, and I opened up the picture and instantly fell in love. How cool is this?! I just love it, and I'm a little bummed that I didn't get to see it in person. If you look closely, you can see that this bus has positive and encouraging messages written on every free inch of space, the biggest of which is their website displayed on top.

Of course I had to check it out. Turns out that One Million Acts of Kindness is lead by Bob, a father of three college students, who wanted to convince as many people as possible that the world needed to start a movement of kindness. He really put his plan to action when he bought a bus, grabbed some friends and family to help him paint it, and hit the road with his dog in the passenger seat. Then they set out for a ten year journey, stopping at college campuses across the country and continue to spread this great message.

I know....ah-ma-zing, right? Well I certainly had a lot of great quotes to choose from even though only one side of the bus is shown in this picture. I admit that I had a hard time trying to choose one for this post, but I finally made my choice...and I think it's a great one.
You have the power to positively affect millions of people...don't wait another moment.
This is so important for us to keep in mind. We do have the power to make a positive impact on the people around us, even those we don't even know. We've just got to get out there and start doing it. Seriously, don't wait another moment.

I've written a few posts about kindness in the past, but I think Bob and his pup out-did me on this one. I just love what a great impression he is making on the world! But the important thing to remember here is that we don't all need a big school bus and ten years of driving around the nation to start spreading kindness (though that would be nice). We just need to make a promise to ourselves and a commitment to start making a difference...now.

I encourage you to check out the One Million Acts of Kindness website and read more about this incredible movement. If you haven't already been inspired by hearing just a piece of this story, the website will surely motivate you to be a positive force in this world.

Keep Smiling,

1 comment:

  1. Wow - this is a great postive sign! I'll keep an eye out for other examples.

    And I totally agree that every act of kindness we show makes a difference, no matter how big or small.

    I too hope life calms down for the both of us :-).

    ReplyDelete

Please Share Your Thoughts! I Appreciate Your Comments and Can't Wait to Hear from You!