Wednesday, August 25, 2010

Surround Yourself....and A Milestone!

Photo: teachers.scholarschoice.ca
Hello Optimists,

Yayyy! Today is my 200th post! I can hardly believe I have written so many entries since I started this blog back in November. This got me thinking about the first ideas I had about sharing a message of positivity and optimism and how they have developed over the last few months into not only a fun blog, but a great little life project I have here keeping me busy.

At first I thought that maybe I could show people the brighter side of life, that there really is a light at the end of the tunnel, or that their glass is indeed half full. And maybe that is what I'm doing. But, after 20-some years living here on Earth, I know that not everyone is so willing to think this way. Some people would rather concentrate on the not-so-positive things in life or always carry a negative viewpoint. That's certainly ok...but I know that this is not the type of person I want to associate with all of the time.

Through this blog, I have realized that what I value in others and myself is a positive attitude, an optimistic (yet realistic) view of the world, and a mindset that leads to a healthy and happy life. It's no surprise that I have a quote that goes right along with this way of thinking, and I thought this would be perfect to feature for today. It's a great one to keep in the back of your mind and one that I try to live my life by.
Life is too short to spend your precious time trying to convince a person who wants to live in gloom and doom otherwise. Give lifting that person your best shot, but don't hang around long enough for his or her bad attitude to pull you down. Instead, surround yourself with optimistic people. -Zig Ziglar
So after 200 posts and nearly 10 months of blogging, I can say that while I'd like to convince a person who lives in doom and gloom that optimism is the way to go, I know that trying too hard to bring my opinions into their way of thinking will probably not be too successful and will pull me down their path of negativity. I certainly will give them my best pitch at why being an optimist rocks, but I won't let my happiness wane by trying to chase them down. Instead, I know that I have a great community of followers and fellow optimists who share the same thoughts, beliefs, and values that I do...I'm surrounding myself with optimistic people. So thanks to all of those other Optimists out there who continually support my blog through comments and discussions and help me to surround myself with optimism and positivity.

Keep Smiling,

3 comments:

  1. Thank you for your post today.. you have no idea how close to home your blog hit today! Look forword to your blog everyday. Congratulations on reaching your 200th post and wishing you much continued success!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats! I love your blog :-).

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great post thankyou, I am another optimist calling by from Italy where I certainly would not be living today if I was not an optimist. Congratulations on your 200th post.

    ReplyDelete

Please Share Your Thoughts! I Appreciate Your Comments and Can't Wait to Hear from You!