Wednesday, August 4, 2010

Yayy! I'm A Blogger of Note!

Photo: blogohblog.com

Hello Optimists,

I'm so excited and honored to be named today's Blogger of Note (BON) from Words of Wisdom (WOW)! I'd like to welcome all of my new readers who are stopping by and also those who have been following since the start of Optimal Optimist! I started this blog back in November as just a little something to keep me occupied and to ease my constant desire to write and spread a positive message, and it has turned out to be not only a "project" of sorts, but an incredibly fun journey.

Each new post of mine contains a quote that inspires me, motivates me, or just gives me a little dose of positivity for my day and I share them with all of my readers in hopes of making our days a bit happier. I want to help others get the most out of life. I want everyone to enjoy every minute along the way, and to me, the best way to start doing that is to is to think positively. Being an Optimist is pretty fun- you start to notice and appreciate the little things in life, look on the "bright side", and somewhere along the way, you notice your smile starting to grow. So here I am, 189 quotes in, and still typing away. I have met a lot of other great bloggers who share similar interests and I have absolutely loved chatting with everyone through comments and emails. So I invite all of you new Optimists in to join to fun!

As this is pretty much the "Emmy of blogging" (or so I'd like to think!) I of course have prepared a little acceptance speech that I'd like to share. (And there better not be any "cue music" playing 30 seconds in!) Ahem...

A BIG thanks goes to Sandy and Pam from WOW whose hard work and mission of "helping bloggers of substance find each other" is so much appreciated by all of us out here in the blogosphere. I have found a lot of great blogs from their BON list and I look forward to discovering some more in the future! Thank you for always hooking us up with other great bloggers whose content is top notch!

I'd like to give a shout out and big big big thank you to my Blogger friend Kathy over at Everyday Bliss for nominating me to be a BON. She has been a follower from early on and always leaves the most thoughtful and uplifting comments. If you haven't yet read any of Kathy's posts, you should head on over, join the fun, and read how she inspires us to live wonderfully blissful lives.

And finally, thanks to all of my other blogger friends who share in my passion for positivity. It always makes my day to see your comments- your responses and words of encouragement are what have kept me blogging all of this time!

Today's featured quote was submitted by none other than my nominator, Kathy from Everyday Bliss. I really love this one and I have added it to my "favorites" list, and after reading it here today, I bet you will too.
Don't ask what the world needs. Ask what makes you come alive, and go do it. Because what the world needs is people who have come alive. -Howard Thurman
That really is what the world needs! When we do the things that make us happy, spend time with the people who make us smile, and surround ourselves with the things that fill us with joy, our world will be a better place. It's so important that we always be on the look-out for the things in life that make us feel alive, and once we've found them, make them a part of our every day life. The world needs more happy, positive, optimistic people to let all of those Negative Nancy's out there know that it's o.k. to crack a smile once in a while. So let's all take a minute to ask ourselves what makes us come alive and inspire others to do the same, because we can all help make our world be a better place.

If you'd like to read some other posts and featured quotes, here are 3 that I thought you might enjoy. I invite you to read through them, browse through my archives, or check out my "favorite posts" tab. If you're a new Optimist, leave a comment saying hi- I'd love to hear from you!

Trust Me, I'm (Not) A Doctor


Quote Collectors


Speaking A Language Anyone Can Understand


Keep Smiling,


9 comments:

  1. Oh, I'm so excited because it appears I am THE FIRST one to comment on your BON post! Congratulations! And wow, I think we have so much in common!! I end every post with either an upbeat, inspirational quote or humorous, etc. I describe myself as a writer, humorist and bliss follower!! I've posted the same quote, more than once, that you have tonight. I'm so happy to meet another optimist! I hope you'll stop by blog, too. (oh, and I was the BON a couple of weeks ago!)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay! You totally deserve to be named a Blogger of Note!

    And great quote today :-).

    ReplyDelete
  3. Woo Hoo!! Congratulations!! When Pam and Sandy asked for nominations your blog was the first one I thought to send in! Thank you for your kind words. I love your blog and optimism and feel incredibly lucky to have met you!

    Have a great and fun BON day!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. How wonderful to discover a new blogger through WOW's BON feature. I'm with you on the power of positive thinking. It's the only way to go.

    ReplyDelete
  5. congratulations! i'm happy to meet you, and i will for sure be back :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congrats to you, fellow BON...I love your "glass half-full" approach to life!

    ReplyDelete
  7. How exciting to be a BON, congratulations. Very nice to meet you.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Congratulations on being the BON today!! I love your quotes, what a wonderful way to begin posts. I hope you have a delightful day.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Congratulations! I think it was my Sandy who nominated you! She knows a good writer when she sees one! You deserve it, keep it up!

    ReplyDelete

Please Share Your Thoughts! I Appreciate Your Comments and Can't Wait to Hear from You!