Tuesday, September 14, 2010

Last Hoorah

Photo: usaplayers.com

Hello Optimists,

Did you catch yesterday's premiere of the last season of The Oprah Winfrey Show? I sure did, and I'll shamelessly admit that I was a bit sad to see the end so near. It was really awesome to see the flashbacks of Oprah and her show throughout the years, growing ever more popular, and always making a positive impact on viewers.

There was one point where she made reference to a trip she took with her audience to Philadelphia way back when, and she hinted that she might return....and it got me all excited...then she decided that no, Philadelphia just wouldn't do it this time. And that's when she announced that she was taking the whole audience to Australia! Oh. My. Goodness. The things she does are really amazing, and the people in her audience were so excited I thought they might faint. I mean, I almost fainted, so I can only imagine how they felt!

But she's good for more than just giving away dream vacations. And cars. And homes. And surprises that I can't even dream of. It's nothing new to say that Oprah has made an incredible impact on our society and I'm pretty sure that even though she just kicked off the last hoorah for her TV show, she'll be around for quite some time. She is a woman of great wisdom and undeniable power, and uses her influence to make a difference in people's lives. Oh, and I must mention, she is quite the quote collector, so I'm convinced that we'd be real good friends. So in honor of her last season, I thought today's featured quote should come from no one else but O.
I know for sure that I don't want to live a shut-down life, desensitized to feeling, seeing and the possibility of experiencing joy on every level. I want every day to be a fresh start on expanding what is possible. -Oprah Winfrey
I love this one because it's so inspiring...and I'm pretty sure it's the reason she has become so successful. She lives each day to the fullest, looking to experience and bring happiness to everyone around her, and constantly overstepping the line of mediocracy. She doesn't just settle for what's good- she looks for what can be even greater and goes to get it. That's what we all need to do.

I am always out to experience joy on every level and I too want every day to be a fresh start on expanding what is possible. We don't all have to give away cars and vacations to do this though. If we make a promise to ourselves to start small and marvel at the little wonders in our life, we will open up our feelings, our minds and our hearts. We all have the power to experience joy in every part of our lives, even where we think there is no joy to be had. We just need to make a conscious effort to do it.

So Oprah fan or not, you have to admit that this is a pretty powerful quote. I hope that you can keep it in the back of your mind and start to live each and every day to its fullest.

Keep Smiling,

1 comment:

Please Share Your Thoughts! I Appreciate Your Comments and Can't Wait to Hear from You!