Tuesday, September 7, 2010

Little Optimal Optimists

Photo: from me! 

Hello Optimists,

I hope you all had a wonderful and relaxing weekend in celebration of Labor Day. My weekend was great, and it was kicked off with a fun Philadelphia event, First Friday. I know a lot of different cities have events similar to this, but for those of you who aren't familiar- "First Friday" is an event held in the Old City section of Philadelphia on the first Friday of every month with open galleries, studio tours, art displays, and vendors along about a 4-block area.

After grabbing some pizza and a delicious sundae from Franklin Fountain, my friend and I walked through the crowded streets, admiring the art work of the vendors outside, the beautiful sculptures and paintings in the galleries, and the really unique clothing in the boutique windows. But there was one window in particular caught my eye. As you can see from today's photo, it was none other than a baby/children's boutique, which, on a normal day, is definitely not the kind of store where I window shop. For some reason though, I happened to look inside at the displays and was totally in awe of the ity-bity print I began to read on this little onesie.

I know it's too hard to read in the photo, but believe me, you'll want to read it. So I'm saving your eyesight by typing it here below. On the front of this little shirt, it has +E (positive energy). Spread the word. And here's what it says on the back:
Positive Energy 
We all have the power to effect a positive shift in energy in ourselves and in those around us. When we start within, we can create huge changes not only in our perception of the world but in other's as well. Although we only have control over our indvidual thoughts, in every situation we encounter we have the choice to see the good and the promise each new opportunity represents. Every positive thought creates a ripple effect of other positive thoughts and those, in turn, transform into a series of positive realities. In this way we have the power to change the world for the better.
What we can do
Set an example by always seeing the good in the people and situations around you. Remember that none of us is perfect- we are all works in progress. Be kind to yourself. Live in the moment and make it the best moment you've ever had. Share your positive energy with others by kind words and thoughtful actions.
Now let me give you a few seconds to let that all sink in...

It's pretty powerful, isn't it? I love it! The idea of creating Little Optimal Optimists is just so exciting and I think it's such a great idea. We should be teaching positive thinking and optimism early on in life, so that we can help the little tykes grow up to be positive people who can spread their energy on to others in the world. Of course, the little ones wearing this awesome outfit wouldn't be able to read it yet, but that's ok. Everyone should listen to this important message, and what better place to display it than on a baby? Everyone wants to see it, everyone wants to hold it, and everyone definitely wants to see it's little clothes. So it's perfect!

It's too bad the store was closed because I was definitely going in to buy this little thing. I don't even have a child, nor am I anywhere close to that stage in life, but I figure I could give it as a gift, or if all else fails, put it on my dog. (Just kidding. Kind of.) But I just have to own it. Have to.

Of course, this little incident can be added to my list of "positive signs" that have been popping up so frequently in my life, and that list is getting so long now it's almost scary. But, I'm totally loving it, so bring it on.

Keep Smiling,

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please Share Your Thoughts! I Appreciate Your Comments and Can't Wait to Hear from You!