Wednesday, September 22, 2010

Lucky Duck

Photo: from Me!

Hello Optimists,

I read an interesting article the other day called How To Get Lucky which, I will assure you, had more to do with how to win the lottery than, ahem, how to "get lucky". Anyway, this article gave scientific proof that you make your own breaks, and I was was happy to notice that the main findings of the study were that lucky people are lucky because they all "seize chance opportunities, create self-fulfilling prophesies through positive expectations, and develop a resilient attitude that turns bad luck around". Basically, it comes down to this (though this is my own conclusion, not the authors): Lucky people are Optimists.

I'll let you follow the link to read the full article if you wish (which I recommend), but here were the main points cited as those that would give a person more luck:
Live a Charmed Life
Open your Mind
Relish the Upside
Learn to be Lucky

So you want to be a lucky duck, huh? Well, who doesn't? It seems that luck is all relative. The way we perceive things in life can determine how "lucky" or "unlucky" we seem to be - basically, if you can identify things in your life that are good and appreciate even the smallest of uplifting moments, you can consider yourself "lucky". Today's featured quote shows exactly what I'm trying to say....
Positive things happen to positive people. -Sarah Beeny
So optimism really does have its perks, and this article gives us some scientific proof. So to all those who laugh in the face of optimism and think that "setting lofty goals will only leave you disappointed and unsatisfied", I think we can now prove them wrong. I'll be waiting with my bank statement to show them that cool mill that I won from the lottery.... just kidding : )

Keep Smiling,

2 comments:

  1. Oh yes optimists are lucky people.

    ReplyDelete
  2. cute blog! i found you via 20sb b/c you're in the philly area.

    ReplyDelete

Please Share Your Thoughts! I Appreciate Your Comments and Can't Wait to Hear from You!