Friday, September 10, 2010

A Message in the Cloud

Photo: impawards.com

Hello Optimists,

Hooray for the weekend! Last week I was gearing up for "First Friday", and while this is the less eventful "Second Friday" I am still looking forward to the weekend. One of the fun parts from last weekend was getting some free stuff (I mean, who doesn't love free stuff?!) from a big comic book and movie store on 2nd Street. They had a little table out in front of the store filled with movie posters, post cards, and fake tattoos that my friends and I snatched up for Halloween.

I knew I couldn't walk away with only a handful of pirate-looking skull tattoos, so I decided to flip through some of the movie posters. I stopped when I reached the poster for Charlie St. Cloud - and no, not just because Zac Effron's face was plastered on it....ok, I'm lying. It was totally because Zac Effron's beautiful face was plastered on it. BUT there was also another beautiful thing about it. When I finally glanced away from Zac's dangerously gorgeous gaze, I read the tag line of the movie written in big bold letters at the top. It was a great message, and knew it was just another one of my "signs" that I just couldn't ignore. And that's why I took the poster. (Plus, it was a bonus that it was so nice to look at!) Anyway, I wanted to share with you the message and the real reason I added that poster to my pile of free stuff...
Life is for living. -Charlie St. Cloud
I will admit that I've never even seen the movie. But I can safely say that this tag line alone is enough to make me want to rent it. Life is for living. Life isn't for working, or for eating, or for sleeping, or for buying expensive TVs and cell phones. Sure, that's all part of life, but if you never stop to really live, then you won't get the chance to experience all the great things that our one awesome life has to offer.

It's easy to get caught up in the daily "grind" of our lives, slowly losing all sense of our place here on this planet. But if we can remove ourselves from the normal, everyday routines that we so often get stuck in and look at things from a different perspective, we can see that our life isn't waiting for us to start. It's just going right along, regardless of whether we're enjoying our ride or not. Time is passing by quickly so we need to take advantage of every moment.

I published a post back in March with the same title as this quote, but I suppose this is a message that can never be shared too much. So make sure to take some time to really live your life.

Keep Smiling,

2 comments:

  1. I recommend you read the book before you see the film,one of my favourites from last year.

    http://lindyloumacbookreviews.blogspot.com/2009/12/death-and-life-of-charlie-st-cloud-by.html

    ReplyDelete
  2. I haven't seen this movie either but the tag line does make it compelling!!

    Hi there, I've been away from blog reading for a while, consumed by my own feed issues mostly but I decided to take a day off and visit all of my favorite places... thank you for all your wonderful posts! I love how you look for optimism everywhere!

    An optimist is the human personification of spring. ~Susan J. Bissonette

    I love knowing spring is always at the ready over here!

    ReplyDelete

Please Share Your Thoughts! I Appreciate Your Comments and Can't Wait to Hear from You!