Thursday, September 2, 2010

Nothing To Write!! Just Kidding.

Photo: Coffeeforclosers.org

Hello Optimists,

I wasn't so sure that I'd have a post ready for today. I just didn't know what to write. I tried everything I usually do to spark some inspiration....read through some news headlines, thought about what went on during the day, read through my quote list...but nothing came to me. It's very rare that I have a hard time finding something to write about, and after staring at my blank Blogger screen for a good ten minutes, I decided to just let it go. No use in trying to write if I'd have more luck seeing President Obama walk through my door, right?

Wrong. After deciding to put my blogging mind to rest and actually do some work, I decided to start gathering some information for a research paper I should be writing. So I Googled "List of Global Trends" and clicked on the first hit entitled "Top 10 Global Trends for Small Businesses in 2009". The page loaded and I looked at the article and couldn't believe what I was seeing. I kid you not, the opening line was an optimism quote from Winston Churchill with an accompanying picture to compliment it. So there it was, in black and white, and needless to say, I immediately opened a new tab and started blogging.

So just when I think I'm out of luck, optimism comes through yet again and points me in the right direction. Here's the quote that was featured in the article (which, by the way, I still haven't read because now I'm too busy blogging!)
The optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty. -Winston Churchill
I guess this was trying to tell me that just because I was having difficulty coming up with some content for a post, that doesn't mean I should just give up. Now I know better than to mess with optimism!

This is an important message and one we should always try to keep on our mind. There is opportunity all around us, even hidden in the most difficult hurdles we face. We have to be mindful of it's existence and remember that there is always a chance for great things to come out of not-so-great situations.

Now let me get back to doing some research...and who knows, maybe I'll find some content for my next post!

Keep Smiling,

2 comments:

  1. Do you post every single day? Iam impressed I would find that a tremendous pressure.
    I also must admit though that I find it hard to keep up with blog reading when blogs I follow post every day :(

    ReplyDelete
  2. Definitely a great message! I have to agree with LindyLouMac though. I could never post as regularly as many people do... and I think I may have to read some blogs a little less regularly because of my current time constraints, but I'll still make time for yours ;-).

    ReplyDelete

Please Share Your Thoughts! I Appreciate Your Comments and Can't Wait to Hear from You!