Sunday, October 31, 2010

Boo!

Photo: Google

Hello Optimists,

Happy Halloween! Are you doing anything scary to celebrate??

I must admit that I am not a fan of Halloween. I don't think I ever really was...well, maybe for the candy, but aside from that, I can be pretty much counted out of the mix. Now before you go calling me a Party Pooper, let me just say that I think it's a perfectly fun celebration for kids - and to me, there's almost nothing as cute as a little kid dressed up in a tiny lady bug costume, as Pooh Bear, or any other costume that the little ghouls don. When I was younger, I liked dressing up in fun costumes, painting my face and going out trick-or-treating with my friends. I remember being Jasmine from Aladdin, a doctor, a witch, a joker, and a baseball player, and then hitting the town with my friends to collect a sickening amount of candy. That was fun. 

But then there's this whole scary movie bit that Halloween brings on....again, not a fan. Halloween is the one time, and the one time only, that I might watch a scary movie, but after that, no thank you! I am not really one who likes to be scared. I do, however, like Charlie Brown's Halloween special, and I enjoy eating anything pumpkin. But now that I'm twenty-something, I don't really see the point in "celebrating" Halloween. Finding or making a costume that I wouldn't look or feel like a complete fool in is pretty challenging, and I no longer desire to eat pounds of candy in one night. Though if it's Reese's peanut butter cups, we might have a deal. Basically, I'd rather see the little kids enjoy this day than to go out myself.


But it is Halloween nonetheless, so it's only fair that I recognize it and "celebrate" it in my own way. Today's featured quote (well, more like today's featured verse) is perfect for all those Halloween lovers and haters out there...

On Halloween the thing you must do
Is pretend that nothing can frighten you
And if somethin' scares you and you want to run
Just let on like it's Halloween fun.
~Author Unknown
I like this one! It's true that on Halloween, not much can really scare us because in some way, we're prepared for it. We know that scary just comes with the territory on Halloween, and often times, we look forward to a little spook. But on any normal day when we're not prepared or expecting a scare,  things can really freak us out.

I will be keeping this little verse in mind the next time I hear a door creak closed or think I see an un-administered wave of the curtains. Just let on like it's Halloween fun...


Keep Smiling,




P.S. Stay tuned for an very IMPORTANT and EXCITING post coming this week!

4 comments:

  1. Happy Halloween to you too!

    - Vanessa
    http://theweeklyyogi.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey there BOO BOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well now you've got me curious - I want to know what the upcoming post is!!! :)

    Unlike you, Halloween is one of my favorite Holidays! :) But I have friends like you who hate this stuff! :) I've always loved scary movies - but not the lame and silly gory ones, but rather the spooky, ghost-type, paranormal ones :)

    I'm not one to get all dressed up though - I too enjoy seeing the cute kiddies dressed up in their cute little outfits - especially my nieces and nephews...

    Still - I enjoyed reading your post!!! :)

    Happy Halloween!!!

    Christine

    ReplyDelete
  4. @Vanessa: Thanks for the Halloween wishes! Hope you had a spooky day! : )

    @Christine: Thanks for your comment! Wow- this holiday is your favorite! Well, I certainly hope you enjoyed it and had a great night! (but hope you didn't eat too much candy haha)

    ReplyDelete

Please Share Your Thoughts! I Appreciate Your Comments and Can't Wait to Hear from You!