Monday, October 11, 2010

Great Day, Great Cause

Hello Optimists,

Yesterday I had the privilege of walking in the "Making Strides" Breast Cancer Walk here in Philadelphia, and what a wonderful day it was! Right from the start, I could feel the incredible energy that was surrounding me and I could feel a positive pulse radiating from all of the people gathered around the start line.

As I walked the 5 miles with my friends, I saw so many inspiring things- from the messages on people's t-shirts to the signs posted along the roadway- and it felt so great to be a part of it all. Despite the fact that we were all walking to fight a terrible disease, everyone involved was upbeat, energetic, and in positive spirits.

I thought for today's post, instead of just one quote, I would share some pictures from the event that captured some of the inspiring things I saw.

Security vans displaying a great message: "Stay well, get well, find cures, fight back!"

The Start/Finish line was marked by a symbolic Pink and White Balloon Arch 

 "Check Yourself before you Wreck Yourself"

 "For the women we love- never, never, never give up"

 "I am a 2x survivor. I am a SUPER WOMAN"

I hope you can find inspiration in some of these pictures and continue to support the causes which can make a difference in this world. Don't forget to wear your pink this month and do what you can to support the fight and spread awareness about finding a cure! 

Keep Smiling,

3 comments:

  1. I actually donated to Strides for Breast Cancer last year. A friend of mine lives in NYC and was planning on doing it for her mother. She walked over thirty miles in the past two days and said it was amazing!

    Kudos to you for getting out there and I'm sure watching all of those supporters on the sidelines kept you upbeat alone!

    Keep on striding for health and joy!

    Xo

    Vanessa
    Project Zen (formerly The Weekly Yogi) http://theweeklyyogi.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was browsing "optimism" blogs and found yours! I love it! I'm over at Live with Flair, and I love your tagline of a "quote a day." Bravo!

    ReplyDelete

Please Share Your Thoughts! I Appreciate Your Comments and Can't Wait to Hear from You!