Friday, October 22, 2010

Half Full Friday!



Hello Optimists,


I was trying to catch up on some of my blog reading last night and visited one of my favorites, Velvet Over Steel. I was so happy I stopped by because I learned of a great Friday blog theme called "Half Full Friday", the perfect optimistic way to start off the weekend! Here's a bit more about it from the post on Velvet Over Steel: 


Half Full Friday is a series of weekly posts that started in June 2009.We believe that a lot of our happiness is determined by our attitude about the things that happen to us. So by participating, we are deciding to see the glass as half full, instead of half empty. We are choosing to concentrate on the positives, instead of dwelling on the negatives. Our Half Full Friday posts are a way to do just that. They are a list of the things in our life that have brought us happiness over the past week. We are determined to find the something good in every day. Are you?


How wonderful! You guys know this is right up my alley and I'm so happy to be participating in Half Full Friday! Here's my list of things that have brought me happiness this week:


I am happy to be back "home" for the weekend
I am happy that I'm staying on top of my work
I am happy to have caught an episode of House Hunters International (Love that show!)
I am happy to have started a new book
I am happy to hear that my posts have inspired people
I am happy to be feeling happy
I am happy to bring you today's awesome featured quote:
Be intent on the perfection of the present day. -William Law
Often people think that striving for perfection leads to disappointment when that "perfect ideal" of something is not met in reality. I can see that point, but to me, this quote reminds me not to try to make everything perfect, but to acknowledge all the little things that make my day a great one. I am intent on finding all of the things that make me smile, that make me happy, and that make me see my glass as half-full!

In honor of Half Full Friday, make a Happy List of your own - even if it's just a mental list! By thinking back on all of the great things that are going on in our lives, we can (and will) find that our days seem...perfect!


Keep Smiling,



3 comments:

  1. Oh my goodness, Thank you so much for mentioning my blog! So sweet and nice of you! I'm really glad you stopped by last night and decided to do Happy Fridays too!

    You have a wonderful list of things to be happy for! Awesome!

    Have a Great weekend!!
    Big Hug,
    Coreen

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for sharing this blog and yours... just love it! Started to make a mental "happy" list and was surprised how many "little" things listed made me feel so great! Thank You and will think of using yhis list on a daily basis!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. @Coreen: I'm so glad I was able to share in the fun of the Half Full Friday! Yay! Thanks for sharing :)

    @Anonymous: I'm happy you liked this post- it was one of my favorites too! Keeping a mental "happy list" is a great thing to do- and I bet you'll start to notice more and more little things in your life that you can appreciate! Keep up the good thoughts!

    ReplyDelete

Please Share Your Thoughts! I Appreciate Your Comments and Can't Wait to Hear from You!