Monday, October 18, 2010

Life Skills

Photo: google

Hello Optimists,

I was looking for some stories about optimism and positive thinking and a simple Google News search brought me to an article in a newspaper published yesterday- ironically from my local hometown paper. I thought it was too much of a coincidence to ignore, so of course, I just had to read the article. And I'm quite happy that I did because it was a great one...and I found an awesome quote to feature for today's post.

The title "Treatment, Attitude Aid Local Cancer Patient" highlighted the power of positive thinking in a woman's battle against cancer. Her words truly inspired me, and I hope that this one little piece of her story will inspire you too. Here is a quote from the woman's interview:
“I think being positive is so important. To me, it is a life skill. You’ve got to find ways to be positive and be good to yourself and treat yourself and take care of yourself. Put on lipstick in the morning and get out there. Don’t sit in your house and wallow. There’s nothing positive about that.”
Awesome. And I totally agree with what she said, especially that being positive is a life skill. Everyone has the ability to think positively, to turn their frown upside down, to look on the brighter side of life, and to be an Optimal Optimist. Whether it's a learned trait that takes some time to acquire or whether it's an inborn characteristic of one's personality, positive thinking can (and does) have a place in anyone's life. It's up to us to commit to activating it and making it a part of our everyday life.

It shouldn't take a life threatening disease, a brush with death, or a tragedy to allow us to start living life to its fullest- we should take hold of positive thinking as soon as we can and learn to incorporate it into our lives.

Try to keep this quote in mind and remember how important it is to make optimism a way of life.

Keep Smiling,

3 comments:

  1. It shouldn't take a life threatening disease, a brush with death, or a tragedy to allow us to start living life to its fullest- we should take hold of positive thinking as soon as we can and learn to incorporate it into our lives.

    No but very often something like you quote above happening to others close to you makes us sit up and remind ourselves of this.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is Awesome! I truly believe that a positive attitude can cure even cancer sometimes! Great article and blog post!!

    Each day is a gift and thinking of it like that will put you in a positive mood!

    I have been through a lot of trauma in my life; however I refuse to let any of that define me. I look at those who have gone through worst and try to be of support and comfort to them. It helps so much to help others!

    That quote is the Best by the way! May borrow it for a 'Happy Friday' post... if I do I will link it back to you and your Wonderful blog of course!

    Thank you for sharing this!!!
    Hope you are having a terrific week!!
    Hugs,
    Coreen

    ReplyDelete
  3. @Linda: Thanks for sharing your thoughts...and you're right- sometimes we do need a little reminder about this. Hopefully we can all try to keep this idea in mind without that reminder of how precious life can be!

    @Coreen: Thanks for such a thoughtful comment, and I'm so glad you liked the quote! Hope you can share it with all you "Love" to go along with your post today!
    It's great that you can turn some of the harder times in your life into something great for those around you...what an awesome attribute!

    Thanks for stopping by, ladies. Have a fantastic week...and keep smiling : )

    ReplyDelete

Please Share Your Thoughts! I Appreciate Your Comments and Can't Wait to Hear from You!