Thursday, November 25, 2010

Giving Thanks

Photo: Google


Hello Optimists,


Happy Thanksgiving! I know most of my U.S.-based readers are busy getting things prepared for the Thanksgiving feast, so I won't make today's entry too long. But in honor of today's holiday, I wanted to express how important it is to show our gratitude and appreciation for all of the great things we have in life. 


In the tradition of Thanksgiving celebrations, I will share a (short) list of the things I am most grateful for in my life (though the list could go on and on!)...


I am thankful for...
- The opportunity to be surrounded with my family while sharing great food, stories, laughter, and love
- Living a healthy and happy life
- Another post here on OO and making positive connections with all of you!
- My dedication and hard work that will be leading up to a great milestone next year
- The ability to have a positive outlook on life


I have about a million more things I am grateful for, but if you ever want to get away from the screen and get to celebrating today's holiday, I thought it would be best to keep it to just a few things. 


The idea behind Thanksgiving is so important, but we should really think about ways in which we can extend this holiday to not only acknowledging it once a year, but every day if we can. Showing gratitude for the things we love most about life will really make us more aware of the great things happening all the time, all around us. Today's featured quote is a great one to keep in mind because it reminds us of just that...


"Thanksgiving Day comes, by statute, once a year; to the honest person it comes as frequently as the heart of gratitude will allow." -Edward Sandford Martin

Think about this as you're sitting around the table today and be sure to share it with your friends and family. Remember to open your heart to gratitude not only on Thanksgiving, but every day. 

What are you thankful for today?

Keep Smiling,

4 comments:

  1. I absolutely agree that it's best to let our hearts shine brighter every day and not just on Thanksgiving.

    I'm grateful for my friendships, my health, my job that I'm grateful to have in this economy and my education (I'm optimistic)

    I also liked the quote you used today. Do you read the PA Dutch Blog, by any chance too? They used that same quote today and I loved it so much that I used it on Facebook.

    ...And I'm grateful to meet another wonderful Vanessa like you! Happy Thanksgiving, Vanessa!

    - Vanessa
    The Project Zen

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thankyou for your Thanksgiving Day greetings and the same to you.
    I am thankful for my health,my husband, my daughters, my family, my friends and for being able to live the Italian dream.

    ReplyDelete
  3. @Vanessa: Thanks for the comment :) I'm sending you a little reply email now..

    @Linda: What a great list of things to be thankful for! I'm glad that you can acknowledge all of the wonderful things in life. You had a great post today too - thanks for celebrating this holiday in Italy!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm thankful for your positive posts :-). Happy Thanksgiving!

    ReplyDelete

Please Share Your Thoughts! I Appreciate Your Comments and Can't Wait to Hear from You!