Wednesday, November 3, 2010

Optimal Optimist is 1 Year Old!!!

Photo: Google

Hello Optimists,

As you know, I have some big news! I am happy to announce that today is the 1-year anniversary of Optimal Optimist! Wow, I cannot even believe it's already been a whole year since my first post. 


370-some days ago, I had just a little idea in my head about starting a blog about optimism. A few days later, I finally shared my thoughts with one of my best friends, who of course, supported my idea 100% and gave me the confidence I needed to start making a difference. So, on November 3, 2009, I officially start this blog. Since then, I've been typing away - and 231 posts later, I'm still here, sharing some of my thoughts and some well-known inspirational, motivational, and thought-provoking quotes with all of you! 


Let me just say that I cannot thank you all enough for your overwhelming support and the enthusiasm that you bring with each comment, "Like", email, and other words of encouragement that you've shared with me. I am so happy that I have had the chance to "meet" so many other great bloggers and readers who share the same passion for life and positive thinking, and I'm excited for what the future has in store for us and this blog!


Today's featured quote is an especially inspiring one and I'm so excited to share it with you. This not only applies to the author of this blog (ahem....fixes bowtie) but also to each and every one of you who have started on your own journey of positive thinking.
The person who sends out positive thoughts activates the world around him positively and draws back to himself positive results. -Normal Vincent Peale
As Optimal Optimists, we are all activating the world around us, whether we know it or not and whether we can immediately see these changes or not, and are definitely drawing back positive results. I've shared with you all of the "positive signs" that have been popping up in my life since I've started this blog, and many of you have shared similar stories of this happening in your life as well. It's awesome! 


But in addition to getting something back from optimism, we are also sending out waves of positivity into the world. We can all making a difference. And that...well, that's just an amazing thing. 


So whether you've been along for the ride of the past 231 posts or are just joining us here on Optimal Optimist, I invite you to stay for another year of inspiration. I hope I can continue to share with you new quotes and stories about positivity, and I hope and encourage you to share them with your friends, family, and most importantly, with yourself every time you see that a little "pick-me-up" is needed. 


Thank you again for your support of Optimal Optimist (it is you who helped make this a success!) and I look forward to continuing our path of positivity together!

Take a look back at where it all started a year ago- read some of my favorite posts and scroll through the blog archives! And as always, I'd love to hear your thoughts, stories, comments, and suggestions, so please feel free to stay in touch and contact me through the OO Facebook page or email


Keep Smiling,

12 comments:

  1. Happy Birthday, Optimal Optimist!!!!!

    Great 'positive' post & I LOVE that quote! You always find perfect ones that I've never seen before!!

    Enjoy your day! I'm off to read more from the last year! :-)

    Big Hug,
    Coreen

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's been a joy. I always look forward to your posts & have found many to be very timely... Happy Birthday Optimal Optimist & may there be many more celebrations :) Keep your posts coming, Robin

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow!!!!! It's been a whole wonderful year of powerful positive thoughts that have changed my way of thinking and hopefully added more positive energy to the world around me!!!!! Some of your posts have been so awesome, at times when I needed it most, as if you were speaking to me!!!! SO, with that in mind, keep them coming!!!! Wishing you another year of greater success that the first year!!!!!! Keep the positivity coming!!!!!!!! Next year, a book perhaps!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. @Coreen: Thank youuuu! I'm so glad I can bring new quotes to you with each post! Looking forward to another year of blogging and fun with you :)

    @Robin: Thanks so much for your support- I really appreciate your kind words and compliments. I will be sure to keep the posts coming!

    @Liz: Thank you thank you thank you!

    @Anonymous: What kind words- thank you for your continued readership and your encouragement. A book would be a welcomed path to take..who knows what the future will bring!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congratulations and Happy 1st birthday!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Just discovered your blog the other day over at SeededBuzz. I've been writing my own blog since May and like you started writing it because a friend of mine suggested that I share some of my belief system.

    Glad I discovered your blog.
    --
    Chris
    Be Happy! Be Well! Be Positive!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Congratulations and Happy 1st Birthday!!! :) I am so happy that I came across your site recently - I have it on my page under "Noteworthy Blogs" because I truly believe it is - and that those who suffer from depression can definitely benefit from reading your blog!!! Keep up the great work and keep on spreading that optimism! :)

    Christine

    ReplyDelete
  8. Happy Birthday, Optimal Optimist!

    As I read your entries (and I try to read each entry), I wish I was along for the ride much sooner. I never met another Vanessa before who seems almost like my soul sister in a way with how much we share in common. Here's another one: I also recently changed my blogging project because I wanted to focus more on a personal project for myself - yet I just realized that I've set up my new project on November 3. So as I keep going (and I know I will), my blog's birthday will be on the same day as your blog.

    I'll definitely stick around for the ride and I'm going to check out your very first entry now too! Stay well.

    - Vanessa
    http://theprojectzen.wordpress.com (formally at theweeklyyogi.wordpress.com)

    ReplyDelete
  9. @Joey: Thanks for your support! I appreciate it soooo much :)

    @Chris: So glad you stopped by- I just checked out your "Wisdom and Life" blog and I think it's really great! So glad we could connect and I look forward to blogging with you!

    @Christine: That's so nice of you to link to me on your blog- thank you very much for that! It makes me so happy to hear that I can really make a difference, and I hope to continue to do so well into the future! Glad you're along for the ride... :)

    @Vanessa: I love how we find new similarities so often- it's too funny! I'm so glad we connected and I think it's great that we now share the same "blog birthday"! Keep up the good work on your posts!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Sorry I'm late to the party!! Happy Happy Birthday! So delighted I found you and continue to be inspired by your fabulous blog!

    ReplyDelete
  11. @Kathy: It's so great to hear from you! Thanks for stopping by! I hope you're doing well and I miss reading your Everyday Bliss posts but I'm glad we can still keep in touch! Hope you're doing well :)

    ReplyDelete

Please Share Your Thoughts! I Appreciate Your Comments and Can't Wait to Hear from You!